Chapter 7: Adults are All the Same!

• Dedicated to Carihi Seconday School - I'm a grad from the most amazing school ever!

Disclaimer!

Heather:  “How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Well… a woodchuck could chuck, as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood!”

*A cage of iron bars suddenly falls from the sky, trapping Heather inside*

Heather: “Hunh?... did this fall from the sky?...”

*A darkly cloaked and black masked figure poofs out of nowhere in front of the now trapped Heather*

Masked figure: “Mwahahaha!!!! You will pay for crushing me under that enormous rock, you little brat!!!!”

Heather: “What are you yammering about!!? *gets an irk mark* I didn’t-… … ohhhh” *A look of realization dawns on her face* “You mean that massive boulder I had last time….” *scratches back of head sheepishly* “Oops…”

Masked figure: “You will suffer terribly for what you have done!!!”

Heather:  “Uhhh…no.” *deadpans, walks up to the bars and pulls them apart like noodles and steps outside (guess she wasn’t really trapped after all)* “I have no intention of suffering terribly, but you can have this penny that I found.” *walks up to the astounded masked figure and drops the coin into the masked figure’s hand*

Masked figure: “This…” *gets an irk mark* “This is not a penny!! Look at it! It says ‘Heather doesn’t own the Narutoverse or anything in it, including useless Sakura. She does however; own a plush Polar bear with a pretty blue ribbon around its neck. She claims no ownership of herself because slavery is illegal and very bad!!!’ Hey!!!! I am not useless!!!!”

Heather: “…Sakura?...”

End Disclaimer!

Chapter 7: Adults are All the Same!

“We will now start the final exam. When your name is called, proceed to the testing room. The final test will be on … the clone jutsu,” announced Iruka.

I glanced over at Naruto. He’s totally freaking out because the clone jutsu is his worst technique. It sucks that he has to fail; he really has to learn the shadow clone jutsu though.

We were called in one by one. Soon, I was called. I walked into the testing room. It was empty except for a table. Iruka and Mizuki were sitting behind it. Blue banded leaf headbands were lined up in front of Iruka.

I walked to the centre of the room, facing the two Sensei. I took a deep breath and put my hands together in the hand sign. There was a puff of smoke and I created 3 basic clones of myself.

Whenever I saw a character in a fan-fic do a shadow clone jutsu to pass, I always think ‘Why aren’t the adults freaking out? It’s a FORBIDDEN jutsu; meaning PROHIBITED or NOT ALLOWED jutsu.’ So why am I not doing it? It’s a B-rank jutsu, and I’d look really smart, which is a good thing, right? Wrong!!  I'm not doing it because I want to lay low and not get interrogated on why I know a FORBIDDEN jutsu. I’d better end this inner monologue.

I released the jutsu and the illusions disappeared.

“Good job Midoka, you pass,” Iruka congratulated me. He held out a leaf headband to me and I took it silently.  As Iruka looked down to record my results on his clipboard I looked at Mizuki, who was smiling, and my face darkened as I pursed my lips in disapproval. Mizuki saw my expression and looked a little uncomfortable. I returned to a neutral countenance when Iruka looked up.

“Will you please call Naruto in for me?”

“Sure, no problem Iruka-Sensei,” I answered and walked out. I entered the classroom, still holding my headband, and waved Naruto over.

Naruto had his determined expression on his face as he came up to me. “I’m next right?”

“Yup, good luck Naruto.” With that expression, I could almost believe that he’ll pass, almost. I gave him a pat on the shoulder as he passed by me.

~^_^~

Random students who just passed were standing outside, bragging to each other and their parents about becoming ninja and their parents were in turn, congratulating them.  I looked around and spotted my ‘mom’ and walked over to her. I showed her my headband and she smiled happily.

“Well done Midoka, with all of that studying that you do, your father and I were expecting you to pass. Speaking of your father, he’s coming home tonight. I have to go home now to start getting prepared. You can stay a little longer if you want, don’t take too long though; I want you to be there when he arrives.”

I nodded and she walked away. I looked over towards the swing and saw Naruto there, looking depressed.

 A few feet away from me, a conversation started.

Random lady 1: There, you see him, it’s that boy. I heard that he’s the only one who failed.

Random lady 2: Hmph, well it serves him right.

Random lady 1: Just imagine if what would happen if he became a ninja. I mean, he’s the boy-

Random lady 2: Shhh! We’re not allowed to talk about that.

I shot them a glare as they scurried off. Tch, all of the adults are the same. I ought to go console Naruto a bit. I turned around toward him and saw that I was too late. Mizuki had dropped down next to him. Darn.

Through all of the chatter I heard the 3rd Hokage say “Iruka, there’s something we need to talk about.” 

In that moment of distracted attention Naruto had left with Mizuki. Mizuki is just like all of the other adults. Except that he is more evilly devious and he intends to physically harm Naruto.

With nothing left to do there, I headed home.

Next up: Demoted! What!

A/N: Another part up!! Yay, I didn’t take a super long time updating!

Constructive criticism is helpful and votes are always appreciated.

Added another picture of Midoka on the side!