Chapter 21: incident talk

Red sighed. He was lying on stretch's bed with his skull on stretch's lap. Stretch kissed his skull.

"Okay, are you ready to talk?"

"I... Don't know. I think so."

"Alright. Any time you want, you can start."

"Okay."

He composed himself and sat up, so that stretch and him were sitting on thier bed facing eachother.

"It was a long time ago... And our dad had... He..."

He was already starting to cry just thinking about it. Stretch held him and calmed him down.

"He had been experimenting on pap- uh... Edgy.  Can i call him paps for this?"

"Anything you want to do is fine."

"Okay. Anyways, dad was trying to make him stronger so he could survive with the other monsters. One day though, paps snapped. He hated being experimented on and he couldn't take it. He... He killed our dad."

Stretch gasped and hugged red.

"I'm sorry that happened. Are you okay with telling this?"

"Yeah. Anyways, after that, we ran inside. Paps made me promise that we'd stick together no matter what, and if anything happened, he would punish me. That's how we lived our lives until..."

"Until you found me."

Red nodded and cuddled up to stretch. Stretch hugged him and kissed the top of his skull. He muttered reassuring sentences.

"Earlier today he saw me, and he puushed me in an alley. He just wanted something to remind him of home though! I know he'd never do anything to hurt me... Well, anymore at least. But it's fine! He's just-"

"What did he do?"

"Stretch... It's fine."

"Obviously not because you're crying. You never cry unless it's serious. What. Did. He. Do."

"Okay. But know he didn't know what he was doing. He took me to the shed next to our house. But he stopped himself from doing anything! Which is good! He stopped-"

"Red, this is serious. You can't just let him walk all over you."

"I know."

"*sigh are you okay?"

"I'm fine... I feel way better actually! Thanks for letting me talk to you."

"Anything for you."

Stretch pulled red's skull up to face his. He passionately kissed red and red put his arms around stretch's neck.

"You want to?"

"Sure." Red smiled.

"You sure?"

"Of course. I love you. You know that."

They kissed again.