Chapter 6: Incident

*a couple days after the last chapter ended

'Ugh. how long is red gonna be like this? He's lazier than me!' paps thought while watching red sleep on the couch. 'And when he wakes up, he totally acts like i'm not there! What the fuck?'

"Ungh... p-paps... s-save me..."

Paps widened his eye sockets in disbelief. 'Did he really just hear that? Did red just... call for him in his sleep!?' paps smiled and draped over red in an awkward hug and whispered,

"i'm here... i'll save you..."

An hour later red woke up finding paps awkwardly strewn over him.

"Uh..."

He poked at paps. Paps was asleep. He chuckled and kissed paps' cheekbone. "Thanks for keeping me safe." he muttered and fell back asleep. After a little while, both of them woke up. They looked at each other.

"Mornin' paps."

"Mornin' red. How'd you sleep?"

"Surprisingly well considering you slept on top of me."

"Err... yeah, sorry..." he got off of red and kneeled beside the couch, facing red. He wiped a bit of drool from red's mouth. "So, we really need to talk, huh?"

"Yeah. i'm sorry i've been ignoring you... i just..."

"Same."

Red blushed and looked at the floor next to paps.

"I'm gonna go..."

"Red, you don't have to hide anything from me, you know that right?"

"You're wrong. I do have to hide."

"From what? Maybe we can-"

"No."

"What?"

"I said no.i'm not being all 'touchy feely' with anyone. even a... well... someone like you."

Red turned away from paps and walked to this timeline's sans's room. Out of habit of course. He slammed the door and curled himself into a ball and sat against the wall. 'Fuck. ugh, i'm so stupid. I just... i can't have another... incedent...'