chapter 27

J A C K

It's now 12 in the afternoon. Lauren was given lunch early and me and Conor were eating when the nurse walked in.
"Okay Lauren, there's no problems with you or little Caleb here so you're  free to go. It's very cold out there so put on his coat."
"Thankyou." She left the room and we all screamed from happiness!

I grabbed Caleb from Conor and started putting his clothes on him. Conor went and grabbed the car seat while Lauren went to get dressed. It's crazy to think that this little boy is mine. I'm a dad!

Conor came back in not long after and I clipped Caleb into his car seat. Lauren stepped out the bathroom looking gorgeous as ever and came towards me. She hugged me very tight and gave me a big kiss.
"I love you Jack."
"I love you too."

"Thankyou for everything. Caleb is so lucky to have you as a dad." She looked at Conor.
"And he's lucky to have a great uncle too!" Conor seemed happy, knowing that he was that great uncle.

"Yeah. Well let's go and let him meet his aunties!" We double checked everywhere that we had everything before grabbing our things and leaving the hospital. I strapped Caleb into the car and jumped into the front. Lauren wanted to sit in the back to stay with him and Conor is of course driving.

~

We arrived back soon enough and realised that none of us have keys to get in. I pressed the buzzer.
"Hi guys!" We heard Zoe through the speaker.
"Let us in!" The door unlocked and we walked in. After trekking up too many flights of stairs, we reached the door.

Conor knocked and we were soon greeted by an excited Zoe.
"Come on in! You have guests. And lots of them!" I grabbed Caleb from Lauren who was struggling to carry him and we walked in. Sat in our livingroom, was at least 6 people here already.
"Theres a lot of people here!" Lauren said, stating the obvious.

"Welcome to your new home my handsome little boy." Lauren started to get Caleb out his car seat.
"So what's his name?" Zoe has been wanting to know for so long! Lauren looked at me, waiting for me to speak. I knew exactly what everyone was waiting for. The last name.

"Caleb. Caleb Michael..." Everyone stared at me intensely. Mikey looked pretty happy that Caleb had his name as his middle name.
"Maynard." Everyone cheered and was happy and excited for us.
"Welcome to the Maynard household little Caleb." I grabbed him from Lauren.

"Maynard? And Tyers."
"Oh well... Daddy loves you so fucking much!"
"Jack don't swear! He's only little!" Lauren scolded me.
"He's too little to understand just yet."

~

Everyone is still here. We've been having lots of fun playing pass the baby. I think Caleb is getting a bit restless now. He's just been fed and looks very tired!
"So guys, planning on any more?" I looked at Lauren. We both know the answer to that."
"Well... We're going to try again soon. We'd like a girl. Even if we got a boy though, it would be okay." Lauren stated very calmly.

Alfie and Joe were asking us constantly if they could vlog.
"Just do it! We don't care if you vlog him! Unless of course he's naked or whatever/ having his nappy changed. That would be very inappropriate." It's funny that whenever the boys get out their cameras he falls asleep. I'm so happy with my little Caleb. I'm a dad now. My life couldn't get any better!

('Its crazy to think that this little boy is mine. I'm a dad!' If you've read the third story you would know why i find this statement from Jack very funny!)