chapter 22

L A U R E N

After making out for what seemed like ages, Conor came to get us. They both escorted me to the car and we all jumped in. I noticed Conor was still in his clothes from earlier.
"Conor are you not coming with us?"
"Nope! I don't want to be 7th wheeling." 7th? There's going to be 4 more people.

~

We arrived and Jack helped me out the car. We said goodbye and headed in. We're at a really fancy restaurant somewhere in London!
"Hi there. Reservation for Maynard please?"
"Ah mr Maynard. Your guests have arrived already and are waiting at the dinner table. Right this way." He took us to a table and I saw my dad, stepmum and 2 little sisters. We thanked him before sitting down and saying hi to everyone.

~

"So how's the baby then?" My dad asked me.
"He's good, yeah. 3 months to go!"
"It must be awkward for you that the due date is Jack's birthday?" My stepmum asked.
"Nope, not really." I'm getting bored of the baby questions. That's all they've been asking about since we arrived. They don't care how I am, only the the baby.

~

"How was your food?"
"Good thanks dad."
"Are you going to be staying for desert?" I faced Jack and gave him the look. I knew what his reply would be.
"I'm not really hungry for desert and I'm starting to feel a little sick to be honest."

"Yes. Thanks for the offer but I don't think we're going to stay." Jack told them politely.
"That's a shame." Jack handed my dad the money for our food and we said our goodbyes and thankyou's. I did that very quickly and before we knew it, we were out of there!

"Thank god we're out! I don't know how many more of the baby questions I could put up with." Jack practically screamed at me. I laughed because I was thinking the same thing. He guided me to a low wall where we sat down. Jack's arm snaked around my waist and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Thankyou for an amazing birthday. I loved every single bit of it!"
"It's not over yet!" Jack exclaimed.
"What do you mean?"
"You have one more present waiting for you. You're actually near that present but you can't exactly have it here. That would be way too inappropriate." I thought about it for a few seconds until I realised, he meant his dick.

"Well I can't wait for that present!" I said ever so sarcastically.
"Why wait? Shall we go home?"
"Of course!" I stood up and pulled Jack up too. He held my hand and we walked to where there were cars. Jack stopped at one and I saw it was Conor inside. We got in and started driving home.

"How was it?" Conor asked.
"Do you want the truth or a lie?" I replied.
"A lie."
"It was great!" I said in the most sarcastic voice I could and doing the fakest smile at the end.
"And now the truth." Jack said.

"It was fucking shit! All they cared about was the baby. They didn't ask how I was or ask about my day or say anything about me! I'm not one to make it all 'me me me' but today is my day. It's my birthday so surely they should have been asking about me! Obviously I still expect them to ask about the baby but not the whole fucking time we were there! Honestly it made me so sad and annoyed! Sorry, rant over!" Conor started laughing and then we joked about everything that happened.

~

We arrived back and jumped out the car. Conor unlocked the door and walked in before us, taking off his shoes very quickly. Me and Jack took off our shoes then I felt him push me back against the wall. He started kissing me passionately and I kissed back. Slowly we were walking towards our room. Jack opened the bedroom door and we managed to get in, still kissing. He shut the door behind him and pushed me on the bed. What happened after that was very special. I enjoyed every second of it!

~

At 9 minutes to midnight, Conor came in and they both screamed happy birthday at me. Conor brought a cake in with candles saying the number 22. I blew them out and thanked them both for the best day ever! I'm finally 22!

I remember the last thing before I fell asleep was Jack coming up behind me. He started spooning me and wrapped his warm arms around my body. I felt him rub my stomach softly and I was out like that! Today has been the best birthday ever!

(Guess what?! Another freaking chspter with no a/n...)