chapter 25

L A U R E N

Its finally Conor's birthday! It feels like forever that we've been waiting for this. I chuck on my jeans and a tshirt and Jack also puts on jeans and a tshirt. We're both ready. Conor is also ready and a lot of our friends are already here. I've been in a lot of pain today but I'm hoping it doesn't ruin the party/ get together.

~

Everyone's here and that includes the pain. I'm sticking to sitting down and staying with Jack. It's not my choice to stay with Jack. He's insisted I stay with him. I think hes just worried about me.

I could feel another one coming.
"Stupid fucking braxton hicks! I can't stand them!" Jack rubbed my back soothingly as we sat and spoke to everyone and listened to the game of truth or dare being played. I felt the pain and it was the same but there felt like something different about it. It was a little sharper and felt more painful. I couldn't move, it hurt that bad!

"Jack!" I tapped him lightly. He obviously didnt hear me.
"Jack!" I tapped him a little bit harder. He still didn't hear. I tried a few more times and the pain became excruciating.

He's talking with Caspar but I need to talk to him!
"JACK!" I screamed at him and shook him frantically. That hurt a lot so I ended up keeling over in pain. He turned round and there was a worried look in his eye.

"What's happened bear?" Jack called me by my nickname.
"The baby... Fuck! Jack it- it hurts!" Everyone's staring at me now and Jack's freaking out!
"Shit! We need to get to the hospital! Get up and let's go!"
"I can't move Jack! It hurts- way too much!" He looked at me, expressionless. I felt him grab me and it hurt a lot!

"There's no fucking way you're going on your own! And there's no fucking way you're driving Jack!" I heard Conor from across the room.
"Well grab the hospital bag and lets go!" Conor handed his keys to a very excited Zoe, and Louise was given Jack's keys. They're most definitely staying here tonight.

Jack rushed me out to the car and got us in the back. I couldn't sit up so he let me lie across the back seats, head on his lap. I heard Conor put my bag in the boot and jump into the car. He drove off as fast as he could. I winced with pain at every single bump.
"Come on bear! You can do this! Keep breathing." It hurts but I did it anyway! I was crying by the time we got to the hospital. I was in so much pain!

~

Conor called the hospital in advance to say we were coming. When we arrived, a nurse was stood outside waiting for us. Jack helped me out the car and into the wheelchair the nurse had. She pushed me into the hospital and the corridors all looked the same.

I remember going through a couple doors, then up the elevator and then through some doors and into a room. It was animal themed which was so cute! They all had to help me out the wheelchair and onto the bed. I had barely sat down before they handed me the tube for gas and air.

They checked how far through I was and apparently i'm only 4 cms dilated. That's enough to stay in ready to have him. I used the nebula a lot to help with the pain. They stabbed a needle into my hand and that hurt a lot. Then they put some sort of thing and tape over it to hold it in place. I freaking hate hospitals sometimes. It all looks plain and boring and kinda creepy.

~

I'm still in pain and it's currently 10 to 12 at night! Im about 6 cms now. There's still a lot of pain but the nebula is helping. They offered me the epidural to help with pain and I refused to have it! Not once has it worked for any of my family.

"Jack!" He came rushing over!
"Yeah? Is everything okay? Is he coming?" He's so worried and panicked.
"Im fine. Does- does Josh know?"
"Yeah we've told him. He said he doesn't want to be in here when you're giving birth. I asked him what if it was his and he said he didn't care he just didn't want to be in here." How dare he! What if that baby is his?
"Okay..." A part of me is almost glad he's not in here but another part of me is slightly annoyed.

(I make Josh seem so horrible in this fanfic... he's actually my favourite of all the boys!)