2 8 j u l y 2 0 0 9

Journal: Page Trois

28 july 2009 8:10 pm

Ellie's room

I suppose becoming a teddy bear had its own perks.

Who am I kidding? There weren't any perks. Forget the silver lining, I couldn't even see the clouds at the moment! All I could see was pink.

Pink, pink and more pink. And it nearly made me puke.

Which brings me back to yesterday's predicament.

After the unexpected waterworks yesterday, I'd come to a conclusion. I was blowing things way out of proportion.

I mean yeah, I did suddenly (and unexpectedly) turn into a teddy bear, but that didn't give me any reason to turn to my tear ducts. It was a spur of the moment thing. Ellie was crying (the little crybaby) and my brotherly instincts couldn't help but let out a few tears too.

That's all it was. Nothing major. We all have our off days, don't we?

After all, there was still a large possibility that the entire thing was a hoax. Or in my head. Or part of a show.

And even if it wasn't any of these, there wasn't a rule that said I wouldn't turn back into a human, was there? I couldn't afford to be a pessimist now.

It had barely been a day and I was already frustrated with the bear. How did these teddy bears communicate? (Oh wait, scratch that. They're toys. They don't talk)

I didn't even get a user manual on how to operate the toy I was in. Walking was a chore with these tiny, soft and hairy legs. Writing with bear hands? It was the most tiring job I'd ever done. I'd already made a gazillion spelling errors in this book, not to mention the little lines scrawled all over the place as I tried to doodle. 

And it was merely the third entry.

The least the world could do was put me back into my old body! It took years of practice perfecting the human body's working. I wonder how long I would be in this little bear.

I tried not to think about the time it could possibly take.

The next moment a whirlwind of pink, purple and glitter had picked me up and was sailing towards the door, all the while humming softly to itself.

Ellie.

I remember smiling at the happiness radiating off her. (Maybe a small part of me was annoyed she was happy while I was not, but a larger was glad she wasn't crying. That was just annoying.)

"Snoopy!" I cringed at the name she had given to the bear. If I'd known I was going to be stuck in it earlier, I would have tried to change her mind about the name.

Oblivious to my inner musings she threw me into the air making my heart come to my throat. 

Then she twirled me round and round until the world turned into a blur of colors.

Her next words still resonate in my ears.

"Marcus is doing better! They say there is a possibility he might completely  heal!"