Sweet Life

Selena...

I woke up to my phone vibrating next to me on the floor and once I see Brandon on the screen, I ignore it.. I'm not in the mood for any bullshit. I check the time seeing it was almost 11. "Serenity?" I call out to hear no response. I sit up and wipe my eyes, noticing Serenity wasn't in bed. I stand up, getting my balance and walk out the room and down the hall into the bathroom. "Where would the pills be?..." I say to myself as I look through the cabinets and drawers. I find some Alieve and do my usual routine and swallow two pills trying to kill this headache. I look at myself in the mirror before I walk out the door. I already know Serenity is down stairs either opening her gifts, or playing with them. I look down the staircase picturing Daniel there like he'd always be when we were younger. I feel terrible for saying what I said last night and I wouldn't doubt if he hated me. 

I walk down the stairs and turn the corner, walking into the living room and a flash appears, scaring the shit out of me. "You're finally awake." Justine says taking another picture, this time with me smiling. I glance at Daniel and he has an emotionless expression on his face. Yeah, he's mad. "Mommy!" Serenity yells running up to me in her onesie pajamas. I kneel down to her level and hug her tightly, placing numerous kisses on her chubby cheeks. "Look at the stuff daddy got me!" She yells again, showing me her presents. I kept glancing at Daniel, and he seems to be ignoring me. I really fucked up this time... Serenity walks up to me with a wrapped gift box in her hands. "Daddy got you something too, see it has your name on it."

I look up at Daniel and he suddenly gets up from the couch and walks out the back door leading to the snow covered backyard. "Hold on sweetie." I say taking the box from her hands and then I walk outside, to see Daniel staring at the tree's with ice sickles on the limbs. "Daniel... can we talk about this please?" I say running my thumbs across the box, keeping a firm grip on it. He sighs loudly and says, "You said enough last night. I know exactly how you're feeling." My heart sank. I couldn't feel more guilty at this point. "Daniel I was just upset, I didn't mean anything." He turned around and hatred was expressed through his brown eyes. "Then why did you say it?!" His voice rose angrily. I don't know why I said it., it just bothers me every now and then. 

"Please don't hate me." I spoke, my grip on the box tightening for comfort. "I don't hate you Selena. I just wish you'd stop bringing that up. I understand what I did was selfish and uncalled for, but do I need to be reminded of it eight years later?" He was right, I really need to let that go.. but it's hard when I have so many dreams and flashbacks. "I'm sorry... Daniel... I want to start over with you." I say looking down at the box and back up at him. He looks confused. "From day one or what?" He says. He's so cute it's ridiculous. "From being together... let's start fresh, let's move to Cali!" I say and he smiles slightly, but it fades as if he thought of something bad. "What about Brandon?"

I forgot about Brandon.

"I'll take care of that..." He smiles and licks his lips. "I've missed you.. a lot." He says sincerely. My relationship with Brandon has been good for the most part, but he acts really suspicious sometimes. After Dan told me that Cassie and him have a plan together, he's been treating me a little too good... if that's possible. Some nights he'd get "calls" at 2 in the morning saying he has to go to work, but when I listen to him on the phone, I can tell he's talking to a girl. I never confronted him because he was honestly treating me like his only one. Plus I needed help with Serenity, AND I'm pregnant by him. "How long will this take?" Daniel asks, walking up to me, looking deep into my eyes. "Give me a week, I'll be packed and ready by then.. start looking for houses." I say and he nods. He reaches up and caress' my jawline, then he leans in, kissing me passionately. Tongue was soon added. "You're. Mine." He says between each sweet  kiss.