Until Death did us Apart

Selena
My life quickly turned into a routine I just couldn't get used to. Brandon made me take a few months off from work because he tells me I'm not mentally ready for it yet. I set the table as I watched Danny play in the living room. "I'm home baby." Brandon says walking into the kitchen. I tried not to pay him any attention as I continued to stir the soup on the stove. He walks up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he kisses my neck softly. He grabbed onto my right hand and rubbed his finger across my engagement ring repeatedly.

"Brandon, please." I pleaded and he let me go, sighing loudly. "I'm getting real tired of this shit Selena. I know Daniel will have Serenity until Christmas but that has nothing to do with us." He says standing next to me, a harsh stare at my side. I put the spoon down and faced him, crossing my arms. "Nothing to do with us?! You don't seem to get it Brandon, It's tearing me apart!" "Our wedding is in a month and we have yet to plan a single detail. You're letting something small ruin everything! This means a lot to me and you're acting like you don't want to get married! I bought you a seventeen thousand dollar ring and I feel as if it isn't enough. I come home to you every night give you what you need and spoil you in any way I can! Is it not enough Selena?! You were so happy when you married Daniel and now I feel like I can never amount to him! How is that supposed to make me feel?!" Tears fled down his face as he looked into my eyes. I reach up and wipe each of his cheeks. "I'm so sorry.. I didn't know I was making you feel that way. But baby, it's too soon for marriage right now. Can we wait it out a little longer?" He nodded and pulled me into a tight hug. "I can't lose you. I won't lose you." He whispers.

"I'm not going anywhere." I reply.

Daniel

"Serenity hold still." I say trying to brush her thick hair up into a ponytail. She did as told allowing me to accomplish the everyday challenge I'm faced with. "Daddy, when can I see mommy?" She asks getting up from the floor. I look into her hazel eyes and sigh. "For the thousandth time, soon baby girl" She pouted and looked away so I kissed her cheek hoping she wouldn't give me attitude today. "Can I call her?" She asks and I nod, handing her the phone. She unlocked it and dialed Selena's number. I can't lie, my heart became heavy as Serenity put it on speaker. "Hello?" She answered and I looked off, biting my lip. "Hi mommy!" Serenity yells sitting next to me on the couch. "Hi princess, I haven't heard from you in a minute, is everything okay in LA?" "Yes mommy, It's finally summer so daddy says you might come visit." There was a brief silence on the phone. I knew exactly what Selena was thinking. I only told Serenity she was coming to visit because I didn't want her to think she'd never see her again. "Let me speak to daddy." Selena says, anger in her voice. Serenity furrowed her eyebrows as she handed me the phone. I took it off speaker and walked out into the backyard. "Hello?" I answer. "Why did you tell her that Daniel?" "I didn't want her getting upset thinking she'd never see you again. She asks me every day when she's going to see you and it hurts when I don't have an answer." I heard shuffling in the background. "Stop lying to her. And don't ever try to make me feel bad. You put a restraining order on me, there's no way in hell I could see you again without killing you."

I was at a loss for words. "You really mean that?" I ask. "Goodbye Daniel." She quickly hangs up and I run my hand through my hair. "She's not coming, is she daddy?" Serenity says at the door, tears streaming down her face. "I'm afraid not baby girl." She slowly walks up to me and hugs me. "I guess mommy doesn't love us anymore."

My heart broke into pieces. "But you love me daddy, and that's enough for me." She says as she hugged my waist.

Selena

"You know I love red on you Selena." Brandon says grabbing my hand as we walked through the mall. I smiled at myself knowing that I put on this red dress just for him. He runs hiss finger across my ring and pulls me closer to him as we passed a group of men. "I don't even know why you brought me here, you know I don't like you spoiling me." I say as we walk into a Michael Kors store. "It's the least I could do for you." He lets go of my hand, allowing me to browse around the store. He sat on the bench outside as I picked a few things out. "Have you taken a look at our watches?" A male employee says smiling as he looked down at me. "Why, no. I haven't." I say as he guides me to the case full of beautiful watches. "This one is new to our collection." He takes out a rose gold watch and places it on my wrist. I immediately felt Brandon wrap his arms around my waist. "Husband?" The man asks. Brandon ignores him kissing my neck a few times. "Do you like it?" He whispers and I nod, shaking off how rude he was to the man. He's always been the jealous type. "I can get it sized for you miss, it's included." The man slowly takes off the watch marking where the adjustments need to be made.

He leaves with the watch and Brandon takes the items I had in my hands and walks to the register. "Baby, I wasn't done looking." I pouted as he handed the lady his card. "We can come another day love, okay?" He kisses my forehead and the man returns with the watch, putting it in the bag. "You have a beautiful woman in your hands, have a nice day." Brandon takes the bag and grabs my hand, walking out the store quickly. "Jesus Brandon, do you have to walk so fast?" I say as we make it out to the lobby. All of his sudden reactions were making me nervous. He stopped in his tracks and looked down at me worryingly. "I'm so sorry baby, I forgot you had heels on. Do you need to sit down?" He asks. I kiss him and wipe off the purple lipstick I was wearing off his lips. "No baby, I'm fine." We kept walking when suddenly a man approached me looking star struck. "Selena? The video vixen?" He says as his hands shook, paper and a pen in both of them. "Not anymore." Brandon's deep voice sounded. I rolled my eyes and smiled at the man. "Would you like an autograph?" I ask and he nods handing me the supplies. I began to sign. "Who do I make this out to?" I ask but he doesn't immediately answer. "An old friend." He says and I look up, a devious smirk plastered on his face. I dropped the paper and pen as I realized who I was talking to. The first man that raped me when I was kidnapped. Brandon let go of my hand and grabbed his neck, pushing him into a nearby wall. "Fuck you mean by old friend?"

The man laughed. "Ask her, I'm sure she remembers it better than I do. I intended to get her pregnant to make her always remember me." As soon as I saw Brandon's arm go back I screamed at the top of my lungs, stopping everyone in the mall. "STOP!" He let go almost immediately and grabbed my hand as we walked outside to the car. It was completely silent the whole ride home, and as we got dressed for our dinner date.

He sat in front of me, his eyes never left my face. "You have a lot of explaining to do." He says through gritted teeth making me look up from the menu. There was hurt in his eyes. "Baby, I don't want to talk about it. It's nothing to worry about, okay?" I tried to reassure him but it clearly wasn't working as his breathing intensified. "You had sex with him didn't you?" He asked bluntly making a few people side eye us. I grew angry, grabbing my things quickly and walked out the restaurant. "DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT FUCK HIM?!" He yelled chasing after me. I turned around and looked into his eyes as tears fled from my eyes. "Dammit Brandon!" I screamed running my hands through my hair nervously. "I told you I wasn't perfect, I've told you I've made mistakes. Some intentional others not. That's why I hated when you'd tell me things like that. I need a break from you, it's not healthy for me to stress myself out like this!"

He tried to grab my waist but I push his hands away. "Baby I'm sorry, I need to think before I say things, that's all. There's nothing wrong? It's just been my temper lately I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He crashed his lips into mine but I don't kiss back making him grow livid. "You know what, leave!" He yells pushing me violently. He pulls me into a nearby alley and began to hit me, over and over. I screamed to the top of my lungs hoping the people passing by the alley would help but no one did. He kept hitting me no matter how much I begged him to stop. I screamed until I couldn't anymore as what seemed to be death took over.