Chapter 16

I was having a great dream that night...

Until my phone started ringing at 5AM. I answered and whispered, "What?"

He said, "Hey baby!"

I whispered, "Why are you calling at 5AM?"

He said, "Oh sh*t! Forgot the time difference. I'm so sorry, love. Call me when you're up and around."

I whispered, "I will do that, love."

"So sorry again. So so sorry."

I chuckled, "It's alright."

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too."

Then I hung up and my eyes closed again. Then woke up at what felt like an hour later to Carolyn calling out for me. I checked the clock next to my bed. 10.

Rosie rolled over and said, "Too early."

"This would be just the perfect time when you would wake up."

She laughed, "True."

"Then you got caught up in LA sleep with Ash."

"Sounds like a TV show."

I laughed, "It does."

Carolyn called out, "Mommy!"

I stood up and got her out of her crib. I put her on the bed with us and sat there.

Rosie said, "I heard your phone go off at 5AM."

I smirked, "Chris got mixed up in the time change."

She rolled her eyes and laughed.

Then the door opened. My brother.

He smiled, "Cool, you're all awake."

I nodded. He said, "We have plans for today, so you might wanna get ready."

"Okay," Rosie and I both said.

We both got up and Rosie went into the bathroom with a pair of clothes. I said, "Want to change into some different clothes, Carolyn?"

"Yeah," she said.

I laid her on the bed and changed her diaper. Then I got her into her light pink Hello Kitty dress and white sandals. I brushed out her hair and stood her up on the bed. She jumped around and played with my phone.

Rosie came out in a black skirt with a white v-neck and black vans, which looked great on her.

I said, "Awe, I like that. The au-natural look on you."

She smiled, "Thanks!"

I stood up and said, "I'm going to go change then."

"Alrighty," she said.

I grabbed the suitcase and looked through it, then grabbed a long flowy Misfits skull tank top then a pair of torn leggings with my black studded knee length boots. I went into the bathroom, changed, curled my hair, put on black eyeshadow, then was out.

 She said, "Ready?"

I nodded. She nodded as well, "Alright."

I picked up my purse and the diaper bag and followed Rosie out.

I dropped the bags on the couch and Carolyn walked into the kitchen with Rosie.

My mom said, "Good morning ladies! How did you sleep?"

"We slept great, actually," Rosie said.

"Until my husband called me at five this morning."

"Stuck on time difference?" My dad asked.