Chapter 15

I woke up with my face and body damp, my hair sticking to my face and neck. I laid there, staring out the window,  trying to adjust to the bit of sunlight in the room. I sighed, heat and sleep make bad dreams. I looked at the clock. 9:30. I sat up quickly. Oh shit. Today we were leaving for Ohio at one.

I felt dizzy all of a sudden and laid back down. Then when I felt better, I sat up and took the sheets off of my legs. Then I stood up and went to the shower. I turned it on and as I waited for it to adjust, I went out to the kitchen, where Rosie was playing with Carolyn.

I raised my eyebrows and said, "Morning you two!"

Rosie smiled, "Good morning! How did you sleep?"

"Could've been better."

"More nightmares?"

I nodded.

She frowned, "Aw. What was this one about?"

"It has been the same one every time. Him being in Paris or London and forgetting about me completely. Then it transitions to my ex beating me."

She said, "You know CC wouldn't-"

"I know he wouldn't do that."

Carolyn was still playing with her toys. I said, "I'm going to go take a shower and finish packing for me and Carolyn."

"Alright, I'll be here."

I turned on my heels and went to the bathroom again. I undressed and stepped into the shower. Like every other shower, I spent more than 20 minutes just thinking then the other 10 to do my shower ritual. Then I got out, wrapped myself in a towel, got the hair dye out, and went into the bedroom. I got out my airplane outfit; my black tights, a black off the shoulder sweater with a tribal design and hit mid thigh, and my black leather ankle boots. I put it all on and went back into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair out, then put on eyeliner. Then I put a towel around my shoulders and started dying my hair.

The hair color I chose was dark red. I have done it a long time ago and it was my favorite hair color.

I put it all into my hair and went back out to my bedroom and finished packing everything for Carolyn and me. A week in Ohio. Short, but worth it.

Then my time was up for my hair. I went out into the kitchen and said, "Rosie, help me get my hair dye out."

"Okay," she stood up and went to the front bathroom with me.

I leaned over the bathtub as she took the shower nozzle and got the dye out. In no time, I was blow drying my hair and once it was done, I looked like a new person.

I took a picture and both tweeted it and sent it to CC. He was getting ready for the show, so it would be awhile. I went out to the kitchen and Carolyn, Rosie, and October looked at me weird.

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

October said, "You look so different with red hair. It's super pretty though."

"Aw, thanks, October," I said.

Rosie smiled, "I missed that color on you."

I smiled. "Needed a change. So October, Crystal is cool with you staying with her for the week?"

October nodded, "Yup. I'm leaving in about an hour."

"Us too," Rosie said.

I said, "Did Carolyn eat?"

Rosie nodded. "French toast."

"Yum!" I said, mainly to Carolyn. Carolyn reached up to me and I picked her up. She hugged me around the neck and I kissed her head. I turned to Rosie and said, "We can go to starbucks now or wait until we get to the airport and get something there."