Chapter 9

Carolyn was screaming now, her cute face now red and covered with tears.

"What happened?" I asked.

CC was freaking out, "I have no clue! I checked her diaper, nothing. I tried to feed her, she pushed it away. I put on a movie and rocked her back and forth, nothing."

I took Carolyn into my arms and tried to calm her down. The second night of tour and Carolyn was screaming her head off. After ten minutes of trying to calm her down with CC, I hit my head against the wall behind me in frustration.

CC pulled out his phone. I looked at him, "What are you doing?"

"Calling the doctor to see what's wrong here," he said. He put the phone up to his ear and started talking to her and walked to the lounge for silence. I rocked Carolyn back and forth, trying to shush her and calm her down, but she cried and cried. I felt so sad to see and hear our baby scream like this.

CC walked back out, free handed. He took her out of my arms and started rocking her.

I asked him, "What did she say?"

"Well, Carolyn is teething, so one of us has to go to RiteAid or something right now and pick up some medicine for her, and we need some frozen things for her to bite on to numb the pain a bit."

I nodded, "I'll go. I need to pick up some things anyways for the bus."

"Alright, you gonna take Rosie?"

"Yup. And October. My shopping companions."

He chuckled. Then as CC was rocking Carolyn, she got quiet and her eyes started to close.

I smiled and whispered, "Good job."

He smiled back then kissed me.

I whispered, "I will be back in a bit."

"Alright," he whispered back.

I went outside and went  up to October and Rosie. I said, "We gotta pick up some things from the store."

They both gave kisses to Andy and Ash and then we were walking to the store a block down from the venue we were at.

Our grocery store was like every other, getting coffee, snacks, waters, Gatorades, Monsters, AriZonas, and Mountain Dew, while Rosie sat  in the cart and October pretended to run her into people and things. I got the medicine for Carolyn and some frozen things for her to bite on.

We got in line to pay for our things and got up the front in five minutes. Rosie was still in the cart and the check out boy started checking Rosie out.

Rosie looked up from her phone at him and said, "Do you need anything?"

He shook his head then just said, "No, just your number and a date tomorrow night for just the two of us?"

She chuckled, "You think it's that easy?"

He smiled like a dork and nodded.

Rosie looked through her phone pictures and stopped on a picture of Ash and said, "I'm taken by this guy. Oh, I love him. He's my fiance, and you, sir, have no chance with me."

"Prove it."

"Prove what?"

"That you're together. So I know you're not playing hard to get."

She frowned and put up a picture of her biting Ash's lip and tugging it. I thought that was pretty cute for a picture.

He frowned and asked me, "How 'bout you and your friend?"