Chapter 28 Late Night Kisses

"Okay, so I gave Angie some warm milk and I read her a bedtime story, so she should be asleep now," Niall said while helping me take off my coat. I smiled to myself and shrugged out of it. He hung it up for me in the closet by the door and when I kicked off my heels, I gave him a big warm hug. 

"What story did you read to her?" I mumbled into his neck. 

"Ours," Niall simply said. I giggled and was very confused. 

"Ours?" 

"Yeah. One Direction's. I think she really likes it," Niall said laughing. I smirked and nuzzled my nose into his neck. 

"Why are you so adorable?" I asked him. He bent down to look at me and tilted my face with his hand. He leaned in for a kiss and I stood on my toes to reach him better. We never spoke or interrupted each other, and Niall steered me over to the kitchen, never breaking contact. I was pushed a bit roughly to the counter and my back was basically depending on it, to not let me sink to the ground. As the kiss deepened, so did the lust and passion, and every so often I could hear Niall moan into the kiss. His hands trailed from my face to my body and they rested on my hips. His fingers grazed up and down the sides of my body and I bit my lip to keep from moaning out loud like him. I tugged teasingly on the belt loop on his jeans and his hips came closer to mine. 

"Val, wait," Niall said hoarsely. I didn't let him continue talking and slipped my hand under his shirt. "Shit, Val, I'm serious," he stuttered but didn't pull away. I smirked and was going to yank his shirt off of his body when he grabbed my arms and pinned them to his chest. 

"What?" I whined in annoyance. Niall's face was flushed and his cheeks were rosier than ever. 

"Easy there tiger, I made dinner for us," he said with a crooked grin. I blushed and laughed. 

"What if I don't wanna eat?" I asked him teasingly. 

"No you have to eat Val. You just came home from work, I know you're starving. We'll continue this afterwards," Niall said with a wink. He held my hand as he led me to the table and pulled out my chair for me. 

"Thank you Niall," I said enamored by every little thing he did for me. 

"It's no problem, just eat please, Val. I don't understand how you couldn't have been thinking about food from the moment you walked in the door. If I were you, I would've ran to the kitchen in search of food." I laughed and took a bite of the baked chicken he made me, along with mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables, and gravy. 

"This is so good," I said chewing my food and moaning because the flavors just melted in my mouth and danced across my tongue. Niall laughed and took a drink of his water, 

"My cooking made you moan louder than my kiss," he said cracking up. I blushed and kicked him playfully under the table. 

"You're gross," I said sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed again, then talked to me about his day at home with Angie. 

The first week after Christmas, we spent our afternoons, all together, and Angie really seemed to love Niall. He so kindly took us to Disneyland, the park, and the zoo without ever complaining. I could tell that he was really trying hard to please everyone in our situation and every day, he made my heart swell. This week though, I wasn't able to spend much time with Niall and Angie during the afternoons, since I had to work, and Niall was basically acting like Mr.Mom. 

"Okay I'm done!" I said wiping my mouth with a napkin and pushing my plate aside. Niall nodded his head and finished his last bite of food. 

"I told ya you were hungry, there's still dessert though, so I hope you have room." 

"Where is it?" I asked looking around the kitchen. 

"Bedroom," Niall said coyly. I opened my mouth in surprise and grinned. 

"Is that so?" I asked him. 

"Yes it is so. You ready for it?" He asked standing up from the table and walking over to me. I got up from my seat and he carried me over his shoulder. "You're going to love it," he called over his shoulder as he turned off the kitchen light, "Guess what it is." I giggled and when we made it to my room I closed the door behind us. 

"Umm...could it possibly be late night kisses?" I asked in a hopeful tone. 

"That's a part of it," Niall replied with a sweet smile as he laid me down on the bed.