Chapter 26 Make You Mine

"So I'm guessing you guys didn't come over because you knew I was making chocolate chip pancakes," I told the 4/5 members of One Direction. All the Boys were seated in my living room and it was then when I realized how tiny my apartment was compared to these tall, handsome gods. 

"I wish we did, but we came to check up on you two love birds," Louis replied cheekily. He had been staring at me the moment he entered the door and I instinctively wrapped my silk bathrobe around my body tighter. I wasn't nude underneath or anything, and I was wearing pajamas, but they were a little tease-ish. I wore a pair of girly boxer briefs and a tank top, but only because I honestly wanted to look a little.../desirable/, for Niall. 

"We're..." I began to trail off and looked at Niall. He blushed while trying to avoid the Boys' curious stares. 

"We're fine, great actually. We caught up on some things," Niall explained while eating his pancakes. 

"And I assume you caught up on old times in Valerie's bed, eh Nialler?" Harry asked with a devilish wink. My eyes widened and I tried not to choke on my milk. Niall was just as embarrassed and shook his head. 

"Why am I friends with you?" He muttered to himself and looked away. 

"And this is the part where I take my innocent three-year old to her room," I told Harry with a sarcastic smile. Angela had been happily sitting on Harry's lap while eating her pancakes and looked at Harry with curiosity when I scolded him. 

"Bye Angie," Harry said waving happily as I carried her into her room. She struggled in my arms, because she didn't want to leave, but when I gave her the toys the Boys had brought her, she ignored me and began to play. I closed her door and sighed behind it. 

"We should keep things rated G if you're gonna be talking dirty in my home," I told Harry grudgingly and took my place on the sofa's armrest. Harry, Zayn, and Liam shared the loveseat, while I sat perched on the armrest. Niall and Liam were humble enough to eat on the rugged floor. 

"These are amazing Valeria, almost as good as the ones you made us the first time we met," Liam complimented. I laughed and thought he was still adorable as ever. 

"And just like the first time we met, I have to remind you to call me Valerie, Liam." He blushed then continued eating. 

"Well you didn't answer my question Niall," Harry pestered, "did you guys shag?" 

"Oh my God Harry!" Niall shouted annoyed. "No we didn't do anything last night. I don't go around having one night stands like you man slut." 

I giggled quietly then ate. "So seriously, why are you guys here? How did you even find my apartment?" 

"Long but funny story," Louis said with a mouthful. We waited for him to speak but he was chewing so slow, so instead Zayn spoke. 

"We happened to run into Ed at the studio this morning and caught up on old times. We asked him about the both of you, and he told us that you both were doing fine and it was customary for the both of you to meet up somewhere for Christmas morning with Angie. He then told us that this year's plans were to spend Christmas morning here and well, you can guess what happened next." 

I nodded my head then studied Niall. "And have you talked to Ed recently?" 

"Rarely. I just feel bad about telling him off, you know along time ago, about you and the baby. I feel like apologizing to him, but don't know exactly what to say." 

"Sorry is a bit cliche but usually works," Liam added laughing. 

"Yeah I know but-" There was a knock on the door and I got up to answer it. I flung it open and coincidentally found Ed standing there. 

"Happy Christmas," Ed said smiling. 

"Merry Christmas," I said returning the smile. He was carrying a few bags in his hands and I stepped aside to let him enter. He set the bags down on the floor and we both hugged each other warmly. 

"You look lovely," Ed complimented in our embrace. I laughed and pulled back a bit. 

"Oh yes because girls with bed head are so attractive." We continued to small talk and I was really happy to see him. 

Niall's POV 

"Ooh looking a bit friendly there," Louis muttered under his breath as we all awkwardly watch the little exchange between Ed and Valerie. I had never seen her face light up at the sight of a guy before and it honestly bothered me a bit. And their hug! I just about leaped from the ground to snatch her away from Ed. I know they were just friends and all, but it still made me feel a little jealous. 

"What do you think they're talking about?" Harry asked. Valerie was blushing while they hugged and when she pulled away, he began to laugh at something she said. 

"I don't know, but is it just me, or do you think they're flirting?" I asked worriedly. 

"No they're just friends," Liam reassured me and patted my back. "Don't fret Nialler. You got your dream girl already. You don't need to worry about any competition." 

I nodded my head and watched as Valerie began to walk towards us. 

"You okay there?" She asked bending down while the Boys spoke to Ed. I nodded my head and smiled. 

"Yeah, I'm good. And you?" 

"Good too," she said laughing. She licked her thumb then rubbed at a spot on my chin. 

"You're gross," I told her while pushing her away playfully. She pinched my cheeks then grinned. 

"Sorry, my motherly instincts are kicking in." She stopped laughing when she noticed me staring at her and then quirked an eyebrow. "What?" 

Instead of giving her an answer I gave her a soft kiss on the lips and tried to put as much feeling into it than any other kiss I'd given her. Valerie laced her fingers through mine then, and pulled apart. 

"I'm not sure what that was for but thank you," she said. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. 

"You're welcome." With that she hoisted me off the ground and pulled me towards the group of boys and Ed.