Chapter 9 Tall & Tan & Young & Lovely (Part 1)

"Good morning Niall," Valerie's mom said when she opened the door. 

"Hi," I replied with a smile. "Is the birthday girl awake yet?" 

"Nope, still in bed, you should know better than that Niall. She always wakes up at 12 in the afternoon on Saturdays!" she said jokingly. I laughed and she stepped aside to let me in. On the way to her bedroom I ran into Jasmine who smiled at me. 

"Ooh what's that behind your back?" she asked coming closer to me. 

"Presents," I answered in a rush. Her eyes lit up and she was inches away from me. 

"Do you happen to have one for me?" Jasmine asked flirtatiously. 

"Nope, only for Val." Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows then stalked down the stairs over to the kitchen. I snorted to myself and knocked on Val's door three times. "Val?" I called. I heard some rustling inside her bedroom which meant that I had probably woken her up from her sleep. I opened the door to her room and quietly shut the door behind me. 

Her room was eerily dark because she had her curtains scrunched up together and her blinds closed. I walked over to her window and opened everything up and noticed that from her window, you could see my bedroom. I got the goosebumps wondering if she had ever stalked me from her bedroom window, but then quickly blushed because I did that from my bedroom window. She was my best friend and all, but she did have a killer body and only once in a while I saw her change into her jammies or something. 

"Valerie?" I whispered and cooed at her. She was sleeping with her legs sprawled wildly across her bed and her covers on the floor. She was sleeping rather unlady-like with a small pool of drool on her pillow, but I knew that was because she slept with her retainer on. I smiled to myself as I brushed her pretty curls away from her face and when I looked around I saw that one of my guitars was sitting on the corner of the floor. Probably from the last time I had tried to show her how to play one of our songs. I grabbed the guitar and slowly walked over to her bed. What a perfect time to play the "Time To Get Up" song. 

It's time to get up in the morning, 

Got McDonalds breakfast for you 

I drove two miles to get it, 

So you better get up and eat it 

You don't wanna be a lazy, selfish girl... 

Here I crawled on Valerie's bed, began to strum wildly, and sang at the top of my lungs. 

SO WE GOTTA GET UP! 

TIME TO GET UP! 

IT'S TIME TO GET UP! 

Valerie groaned underneath me and kicked me off the bed. "Oh my God Niall what the hell!" she said really irritated. I laughed hysterically while looking at her face. She wiped her mouth and glared at me. 

"It's not funny Niall!" 

I began to laugh even more and felt my face getting hot. "I'm sorry Val but you should've seen the look on your face, oh my God, anyways, Happy Birthday!" 

She was still angry at me and instead got up and walked to her bathroom in a huff. On her way there she threw a stuffed animal at me and didn't miss. 

"You're so freaking annoying," she mumbled and slammed the door. I giggled to myself and sighed when I was finally done laughing. I knocked on her door and asked her to let me in. "No!" she shouted. 

"Come on Val, please? I wanna apologize," I pleaded. 

"You're so stupid Niall. Why would you do that?! I didn't wake you up like that on your birthday!" she shouted. 

"I know, that's why I wanna apologize!" 

She stood quiet and I heard her gargle her mouth, probably because she was done brushing her teeth. When she finished, she opened the door and tried to push me out of her way. 

"Niall move, I need to get ready," she said trying to step around me. 

"Nope, not until you let me apologize," I said stubbornly. She rolled her eyes and shoved me. 

"Move Niall!" 

"No! Just look at me!" I said grinning. She gave in and then stared at me expectantly. I crushed my lips to hers and enveloped her in a kiss. She was obviously shocked but eventually kissed me back and I felt weird after a while. I pulled away and sighed. 

"I'm sorry and happy birthday, again!" She furrowed her eyebrows and pressed her fingers against her lips. 

"But what was that-" she began to stutter while touching her lips. 

"Just some tradition some stupid friends and I invented. When one of us turns 18 we all snog each other. It's not so fun when all your friends happen to be guys though, but you're the first girl I've ever done that to and it wasn't that bad," I said with a laugh. She still looked confused and maybe hurt, but then she laughed. 

"Oh okay, that is funny," she said in an odd tone of voice. "I forgive you though, so why don't you go downstairs and we'll eat breakfast together, yeah?" 

"Alright, hurry up!" I said running out of her room. She closed the door and got ready.