Chapter Seventeen

Zach's POV

"What?" I asked my two best friends who came knocking at my bedroom door in the middle of the night. Didn't they knew that people sleep when the sun sets? Not forgetting the fact that it was ten minutes past midnight.

"We need to talk Zachary."

"Don't call me that!"

"Well, if you cooperate but if not then I will have to force you Zachary." Charles threatened and as much as I hated to have the talk with them, I really didn't want to hear Zachary.

"Fine." I agreed and closed my bedroom door. Janell led the way to the library, since it was far from Shane's room and soundproofed.

I knew what the talk was about since I've been avoiding it all week. A week that has passed since I last talked and seen Cemil. I drove him home that day and I still had nothing to say to him about the news.

"Please say something!" Cemil begged but I just kept looking far ahead and in front of me. I couldn't turn to face him. My body had its own mind as it refused to listen to the commands the brain was sending to it.

"I'm sorry Zach. I love you so much, I really do but I can't-"

"Stop it! Stop that nonsense this instant." I turned to face him with nothing but anger bubbling inside of me and itching to explode.

That night, I think I did let it explode. I let everything go and let the anger rule me. I might have said things that weren't good. Who am I kidding? It wasn't good what I said to him. I regret it all.

"So," Janell started. They sat me in a chair in front of the couch that they sat on. They looked at me expectantly and I stared back at them, not interested to talk any time soon. I kept feeling like I was a child facing off his parents for something bad he did.

"Zacha-"

"Jeez Charles! Stop saying that name."

"Then talk to us!" Janell shouted.

"I don't want to."

"What do you mean you don't want to? What is it that you can't trust us with? We've been through a lot together and now you think we can't handle whatever is bothering you?" She growled clearly pissed that I wasn't saying anything. But I had a reason why.

"It hurts." I mumbled.

"What hurts?" It was Charles asking this time. He looked calm but I could bet he was just as pissed as Janell. He just didn't like expressing his anger in shouting like her.

"Everything." I paused and sighed. "I don't want to think about it. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to because it hurts so much."

Charles stood up from the couch and came to sit by me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought my face to his chest. He started softly whispering nice words to me, trying to assure me that all was fine.