Chapter 38: So what's your decision Comet girl?

Your POV

A bet? Is this what Aquila was talking about?

Gray looks over at me and squeezes my hand as if trying to tell me something. I look over at him confused.

He sighs and gently puts his forehead on mine.
"No matter what you choose (Y/N, know that I'm always here for you." He whispers quietly. I can't nod, and I don't want to speak in case my voice cracks. I'm happy to cry in front of Gray. But not in front of Vulpecula.

"So If you two want to get your touchy feely moment over and done with so we can continue that would be great." She said in a sarcastic tone. Hey brown eyes where glaring at me and as she started to speak I swear a hint of red flared into them.
"My bets are made from your undermining feelings of your heart, I'll twist them around and make them positive, something that you've always wanted or desperately feel as if you need, do you understand (Y/N)?" She asks. I nod slightly.
"Yes." I say.

I don't know why she is telling me this. It's not as if I'm going to actually agree with her nonsense.

"My first bet," She smirks, her eyes now definetly turning an auburn colour "I'll allow you to live a happy life with your beloved Gray Fullbuster, you two will get married and have children and everything will be completely perfect." She smiles "however, my side of the bet is that you will forget all about your fairy tail friends and they will forget you, your paths will never cross again and you'll never be able to join a guild as all your magic would be nonexistent." She smirks.

A perfect life with Gray? But I loose all my friends. I don't think I could bear that. They've been there for me when everything has gone wrong, and besides no life is perfect, not anyone's, so it can't be true. This can't happen... and I don't want to take away Gray's magic like that... he learnt it from Ur. . .

"N-no?" I say, unfortunately it comes out like a question, Vulpecula sniggers slightly and raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod.
"Yes I am." I say.
"Very well." She says, her smirk still remaining.

I look over at Gray and he has a wide smile and obviously thinks I've made the right decision. Thank you. He mouths slightly and I grin shaking my head meaning there was nothing to thank me for.

"It's not over yet," The fox spirit says "since you obviously don't want to spend the rest of your life with your boyfriend I'll offer you another bet." She smiles.
"And what's that?" I say in a bored tonne to show her I wasn't intrested.

Her smirk grew bigger and her eyes sharpened. She looked like a fox ready to pounce on a rabbit, her eyes gleaming with some sort of emotion that I couldn't quite make out, but I knew for sure I didn't really want to know.

"Your father, the king," I felt my face go pale as she said this "I'll allow you to live with him, for his memories and his pathetic little servant's memories to be altered along with yours that you were always there." She smiled "but my side of the bet is that you forget all about your precious Gray Fullbuster and you never see him again." She smirks "along with your fairy friends too of course, once you're in your celestial spirit world you're stuck their. There is no key for you." She smirks "so what's your decision Comet girl?" She says.

I feel dizzy all of a sudden. It's probably one of my only chances to finally meet my father, to actually be a family.

But fairy tail are my family now.

When he turned his back on my mother and I, I only had Ivera, then it was Darknight and now it's Fairy Tail. Even if this one gets taken away from me... even if I loose this family... it's still been there more then he's ever been there.

And then there's Gray. He's been supportive over everything, and he's been one of the only people on my life whose actually given a fudgecakes about me.

I can't turn my back on him. Even if it means I probably won't ever meet my father... none of that matters now.

"I decline your offer." I say in a voice as powerful as Erza's. There's silence and the fox girl smiles sweetly.
"It seems you pass the test." She giggles.

Wait a second is she ... giggling?

"Sorry, if I caused trouble," She says her voice still sweet and giggly as a dark key appears in her hand "It's just, in order to have my key you need to be able to withstand deception and temptation, something that you did well pincess (Y/N)." She says, she then bows slightly "I do appologise if I caused you any harm, I will use my magic to heal your friends." She smiles.
"Er... does this girl have a screw loose or something?" Gray whispers as Vulpecula hands me her key.
"Not at all Mr Fullbuster, it just, I have to deceive my wizard or mage in order for a fair battle." She says with a happy smile.
"Do you remember Bella?" I ask Gray
"What the spirit who stabbed me with a poisonous dagger?" He asks "kind of hard to forget her." He mumbled.
"She was exactly the same," I say ignoring his remark, although it did make me laugh "when I first tried got her key, she was difficult and very awkward, but once the spirit is your key they become very... well... less..."
"Psychotic?" Vulpecula says with a big grin.
"Yeah!" I say.

There's a laugh between Vulpecula and I and Gray just stares at us as if we're crazy.
"I need to go heal your friends Princess (Y/N), I'll do that immidiatle-"

Before Vulpecula could finish there was a weak cry.
"(Y/N)!" Wendy says. I turn around to see the blue haired mage in tears.
"It's Lucy! I couldn't heal her... i tried and it just... my magic...I-I..m" She trailed off tears in her eyes, her voice weak.
"Wendy, Calm down a little and try to explain" Gray says in a calm voice yet panicked tone.
"I-I think she's dead... she used too much magical energy... and she... she won't wake up!" She yelled her tears now overflowing.

***

And because I'm a horrible person I'm going to end on another cliff hanger!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Can I just say another massive thank you for all the help and support that you guys give the book! I really appreciate it!

I might not be able to update tomorrow but I'll try my hardest to update as soon as I can! ^^

Love, Cupcakes!

(Here for your chapter art have Wendy and Carla as gangsters XD)