f i f t e e n

[authors note] this chapter's going to be mostly dialogue if that's okay (: it's just a little filler chapter with more cute lil conversations between Mikayla and Michael.

My fingers trace the shape of my lips, and I remember Michael's sudden kiss like it was just moments before. I smile thinking of how dazed he was acting after that. The entire time we were watching the movie, he was mindlessly playing with my hair and trying to cuddle with me.

"You know, this would actually annoy the hell out of me if I didn't like you guys as human beings." Luke had chuckled, turning his head from the screen to watch us.

After the movie had finished, the boys had planned to hang out again soon and possibly even have a first official band practice. It was a great end to one memorable day.

Now I'm in bed, my eyes tired from today.

A sick feeling sinks in my stomach when I think of school tomorrow. I'd give anything to avoid another one of Mr. Jacobs' lectures and the cafeteria's "mystery meat."

"Note to self, pack lunch tomorrow." I remind myself, remembering the terrible time, a year before when I threw up chunks for an hour in the nurse's. It certainly was news to me when I came back this year to the all well known "mystery meat."

What I dread the most is what Nick and his idiotic friends have waiting for us tomorrow. It's well known for his stupid little group to always get the revenge from whoever messes with them.

I laugh out loud to myself in the room by the fact that I used to date such a naïve boy like Nick. Who the hell is immature enough to actually want to get revenge on whoever served them right? Just saying.

"You're still awake, Eastwood?" Michael's voice calls out from my window.

I'm startled by his voice. Happy that he's still awake.. but very much startled.

"I thought I closed the window after we were done talking." I answer back.

"We weren't done talking." Michael says with a natural chuckle,"you fell asleep while I was rambling on and on about Pokemon."

"Oh." I mumble shamefully.

"I guess I easily bore people with my Pokemon talk." he says lightheartedly.

I find myself smiling. "It's not that."

"Then what?"

I take a deep breath. "I guess it's because I like falling asleep to the sound of your voice."

Michael doesn't respond for a moment. Instead, he chuckles at my response.

"My girlfriend's so cheesy." he sighs to himself as if he's alone.

"Girlfriend?" I ask, surprised.

"Mhm."

A bigger smile spreads across my face.

"We've been on one date." I try pointing out.

"And within that one date, it felt like I had known you for a lifetime." He answers back wistfully.

I chuckle,"Now, who's the cheesy one?"

I hear him laugh again from outside his window. There's another long pause of silence before Michael speaks again.

"Were you awake because you were thinking about tomorrow?" He asks.

"Did you read minds in your past life?" I ask.

"That's not an answer." he says. "I'm thinking about tomorrow too, you know."

Another long pause.

"Are you afraid?" I ask, regretting it the minute I speak.

He answers quickly,"Nope."

"Are you lying?"

"I would never lie to my girlfriend."

The sound of him calling me his girlfriend sends shivers down my spine. It's like he's purposely making me a love struck mess right now.

"Tell me more about your Pokemon." I finally say, causing another chuckle to escape his mouth.

Instead of doing so, Michael starts to sing instead. Almost immediately, my mind starts to fall asleep from the quiet lullaby. Slowly, I feel myself getting sleepier.

"Goodnight, Mikayla." he says, that being the last thing I hear before I fall asleep completely.