Chapter 11

Lexi was hiding. She wasn't afraid to admit it. She was hiding from her mother. Lysandra Trevelyan had taken control of Skyhold away from the Inquisitor. Lexi knew she wasn't the only one hiding from her mother. Others were being much more direct, but of course, her mother and Vivienne got along wonderfully.

Lexi sighed. At least, there were a few places she could hide within Skyhold.

"You can't hide from her forever, Lexi. I learned that about my own mother."

Lexi turned towards Dorian, "it's worked so far. It's ether here in the Library or Cullen's office, and I'm fairly sure I'm driving Cullen crazy."

"I would think our Commander would enjoy having you in sight, " the Tevinter mage gave her a slight smile.

"Not funny. He says I'm a distraction."

Dorian huffed, "I think he needs more of that. He works too hard. Why not take him off somewhere and have some fun?"

She smiled coyly at him, "like you and Bull."

He frowned at her, "not funny, Lex."

She laughed, "oh, relax, Dorian. He's under a lot of pressure. I don't want cause more problems for him. Besides he knows where I am."

"I think most know where you're hiding."

"Actually, no. I only tell Leliana where I am besides Cullen. So I can be found if needs."

"So you leave poor Josephine in the dark?"

"She can go to Leliana if she really needs me, bit I think Mother has taken that over."

"I feel for you, Lexi. I really do, but don't you think I might wish to get away from you after spending weeks in your company?"

Lexi frowned at him, "really?"

Dorian sighed, "fine, stay here, but please allow me to read in peace."

Lexi gave him a huge smile, "can do."

Dorian nodded, "good." He returned to his book.

XOXOXOX

Cullen frowned at the report on his desk. Maker, things were never going to get easier. The troops rarely came face to face with Red Templars lately. Mostly they were helping deal with demons from rifts or repairing towns.

It made things easier on him, but he knew that they would face them again, which was way training was not letting up. Of course, that brought him to the special recruit. Felix was actually doing very well. He didn't give the lieutenant any problems really. Lexi had revealed to him that Felix had some training, but of course, after she had been sent to the Circle she wasn't sure how much of it had continued. It seemed that his training had continued.

Sighing, he moved away from his desk. Lexi was no doubt hiding from her mother. More than likely she was hiding in the Library, since she wasn't in his office. He preferred her in his office, even if she was a nice distraction.

At least, at the moment, things weren't too out of hand. The Castle actually had a routine again, which made them all fell comfortable.

A knock came at the door leading to the rest of the Castle.

"Enter."

The door opened and in walked Leliana.

"I was expecting the Inquisitor to be here."

Cullen shook his head, "more than likely she's in the Library."

The Spy Master smiled, "oh, she is. I have a letter for you." She held out a piece of par/h,want towards him, "it's from your sister."

Frowning, he walked over and took the letter from her, "I know you've read. Should I be worried?"

She smiled at him, "that'll be up to you, Commander."

Cullen quickly opened and read the letter. Once finished, he looked up at Leliana.

"It can't be that bad. I've no doubt you will be happy to see them."

Cullen nodded, "it's not that."

"Cullen, what's the matter?". She frowned at him.

Leliana had seen him at his worst all those years ago. She had idea of the horrors he had faced.

"Leliana, I am not sure how they'll react."

"To what? Cullen, this will be easy compared to everything else. They're coming here to see you. Not because your the Commander of the Inquisition, but their family."