Chapter 4

Cullen stood behind his desk, with his hand resting on top. Sitting on his desk were numerous letters, notes, and well anything a solder could write on. He had skimped over them and knew what every single one of them was about. Every single one was begging him to do something about Felix Trevelyan. He knew that Leliana knew about this, but there wasn't anything they nor Josephine could do. Lexi wasn't at Skyhold. True, they could send word, but Felix, even though he thought he was important, wasn't a priority. Well, Lexi had asked him to watch over him, even if the youth didn't seem to like him.

Sighing, he removed his hands and stepped back. Felix was a spoiled little brat. There was no other way to describe him. He even tested Josephine's patience. He had actually tried to throw out not only a guest from one of the few available rooms for guest, but he tried to kick out the soldiers from the barracks.

Cullen would had laughed at him, but he didn't want to cause more problems for Lexi. Maker, how much longer was she going to be away?

Cullen reached up and rubbed the back of his neck. He would definitely feel better once she arrived home. He turned to face the two balistrarias in the wall behind his desk. Even though it wasn't what they were designed for, he wished they were just a tiny bit wider so he could see out to watch the mountain path to watch for her. Of course, it wouldn't do him any good at this time of night if they were. Even with the added torches, one couldn't see far out into the mountains. He, like the rest of Skyhold, would have to wait for the Inquisitor's return.

XOXOXOX

She hated the rain. She had been running around the Storm Coast for weeks now. It never stopped raining, It almost made her miss the heat of the Hissing Waste. Lexi wouldn't be out wandering along the coast of Ferleden, if she didn't have a reason. No she was looking for a hideout of some Red Template seen on the coast.

They had already had a found few patrols, but nothing as bad as the reports had suggest, yet. They had to be hiding somewhere near by. Leliana had said that Teyrn Cousland had asked that she send someone to look into the reports he was getting about Red Templars.

Lexi had no doubt he was asking Leliana for help because she was friends with Her Majesty. Also, Leliana had to her that King Alistair had asked as well. Leliana had seemed a bit worried, but hadn't revealed anything. Lexi could only assume the he had asked if she had heard anything about the Queen.

She knew that Leliana watched out for her friends, just from how she was with Josephine. Lexi just didn't ask about it. Mostly cause she had tried, but Leliana seemed to hold her relationship with the Monarchs of Ferelden very close to her chest. It made her almost wonder that if the Queen asked, would Leliana leave?

Lexi shook her head under her cloak's hood. She needed to worry about Red Templars and not about something that wasn't happening. Sighing, she looked over at the others huddled around the barely lit fire. She walked over as a clash of thunder came from over head.

"Where can those bastards be hiding? We've looked everywhere on this damned coastline," Varric rubbed an oiled rag along Bianca. "I hope Bianca doesn't rust from all this rain."

Cassandra huffed as she poked the fire, "be more worried about catching something, Varric."

Varric raised his head slightly, "if she gets rusted up, you'll be worried. I wouldn't be able to keep them off your back, Seeker."

Cassandra frowned, but said nothing as she returned to tending the fire.

Lexi shook her head as Dorian walked up.

"I hope we find why we're here soon. I'm scared my hair won't last much longer."

Varric laughed, "ah, Sparkler, worried that Tiny will miss you?'

Dorian glared a the dwarf, "you were just saying that Bianca might rust, and you're coming after me for worrying about my hair?'

Lexi cracked a smile, "Bianca's actually more important than your hair, Dorian. You're hair won't stop you from casting spells, will it?"

Dorian frowned, "no, but.."

"We're all wet and soaked to the bone, Dorian. No one is comfortable."

"I know, Lex. Why can't we find a cave or something to get out of the rain?"

"It's easy, Sparkler. The cave we were in last time was full of spiders and Darkspawn. So it's a fair bet that others will be the same."

Lexi smiled, "I promise once we're done here, we'll head somewhere nice and dry."

Dorian smiled, "I'll take that, Lex. Almost any where is better than this damp place."

"I second that, Sparkler."

Cassandra shook her head, but said nothing.

Lexi and Dorian moved closer to the fire. It wasn't much, but with two mages they could keep it lit, at least. They could only hope that a group of Red Templars didn't come upon them as they rested. Of course, they would trigger some wonderful traps that Varric had laid out for them, first.