Chapter 10

A few weeks later...

Cullen was going crazy. Alexandra's mother was a force to be wreck-en with. She had even Josephine stressing out. That was something to see, actually. At least, Felix was acting a whole lot better than he had been. Sighing, the Commander of the Inquisition moved away from his desk. Lexi was out in the field, without him, yet again.

He placed his hand on the wall next to one of the two balistrarias, lowering his head slightly. Maker, what was she having to fight now? He knew she could handle herself, but that didn't stop him from worrying about her? Not even Iron Bull was enough to help him relax. Maker, none of the normal people would make him feel better. He of course couldn't go with her.

A soft knock came the door that lead to the main part of the castle.

Turning towards the door, he raised his head, "come in."

The door opened revealing Lysandra Trevelyan, whom walked into the room, "You do know that dinner started half an hour ago, Commander, don't you."

Cullen began to rub the back of his neck, "yes, Ma'am I was just..."

Shaking her head, Lysandra smiled at him as she walked father into the room, "I'm worried, too. Everyone has mentioned that she hasn't been gone this long before without word, but we all know that she can do miracles." She took a breath, "she's always doing that."

Cullen nodded as he lowered his hand to his side, "I've also been running strategies, Ma'am"

The woman in front of him shook her head, "Commander, you think I haven't realized what exactly your relationship with my daughter is."

Cullen's face turned bright red.

Lysandra laughed softly, "relax, Commander. As long as you treat her right, you have no need to fear me, but do anything to hurt her, and I will make you pay."

"Ma'am, I can't promise that."

"I know about the Lyrim, Commander. Alexandra told me. I'm speaking of purposefully."

"I don't ever plan to hurt her, Ma'am"

Lysandra nodded, "good." She gestured towards the opened door, "Now come to dinner. It won't do you any good to be in here alone. I also wish to speak to you about Felix."

Cullen walked around his desk, "Ma'am?"

"I know that you have much to do, but could you please try helping me knock some sense into that boy's head. I'm afraid with what has been happening the last few years, I haven't been able to watch him as well as I should have."

Cullen frowned as he stopped in front of her, "what exactly do you mean, Ma'am?"

"I'm asking you to train him, and I don't mean for you to go easy on him. He needs to be able to fight if the need arises. Maker, I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm no fool."

"We don't exactly get along, Ma'am."

"I know how he acted after he first arrived, but I need help." She looked at him with a very familiar look.

Maker, he now knew where Lexi had gotten that look, and he knew what he was going to say.

"I can't take away time for the Inquisition's forces, Ma'am."

"Train him while training the new recruits. If he gives you problems come to me."

Cullen nodded, "he can start tomorrow, if you wish, Ma'am."

Lysandra gave a curt nod, "that works. Now let's get you to dinner." She laced her arm around his, "we better hurry before all of the food's gone." She then began walking forward, and Cullen had no choice but to go along with her.

XOXOXOX

She couldn't wait to see the the sky again. Lexi now understood why Varric hated the Deep Roads. She didn't even want to know how deep they were, but she did hoped they were close to the lift. Of course, Lexi was sure she wasn't the only one. Everyone wanted to be on the surface.

Finally, after weeks of moving in the darken cravens, fighting off Darkspawn, the lowered lift came into view.

"Inquisitor, are you down there!" the voice echoed off the walls.

Lexi smiled slightly as she didn't even have to tell the others to get on the damned lift. Stepping up onto the platform she yelled back, "pull us up, Scot Harding."

After a few minutes, the lift began to rise. Lexi held onto on of the ropes praying that the damned thing didn't crash to the rocks below. Maker, she wanted to get back to Skyhold and relax, but more than likely she was going to have to fix what ever her mother and brother had done to the place first.

"Boss, I don't' mind doing this, but next time can we stay under the sky."

"I'm with Tiny."

Lexi laughed slightly, "I can't make any promises, but I'll try to keep us out of the Deep Roads." She glanced at Dorian, "Dorian?"

"Just get me out of this mess and on the surface. That's all I care about."

Varric laughed, "I second that."

Lexi sighed, "well, we have a long trip up. So why don't we just all stand here and think of all the things we'll do once we see the sky again."

"I'm all for getting naked and dancing in the sun or moon light, Boss."

"Not going to happen, Bull."

"Ah, come on. Even Cullen would get a kick out of it."

"No."

The group soon fell silent as they continued on their way up ward. Lexi closed her eyes for a moment. Maker, please let this trip be slightly faster than the trip down.