Chapter 1

Skyhold was full of people, more so than before. Josephine was no doubt enjoying herself, while almost everyone else tried to just stay out of the way, unless needed. The Inquisitor more so than the others.

Alexandra "Lexi" Trevelyan stood on her balcony over looking the courtyard. The midday sun shined down on her reddish brown hair. Below she watched as her troops trained. Well, she wasn't really watching the troops. Hard to do that when the Commander was standing on the field with them.

Oh, she knew most of the women were watching (and some men) were watching him as well. She smiled slightly at the knowledge that their attentions didn't matter to him. He only had eyes for her. She knew he could look up and see her, well as best he could because of the sun.

Things had calmed down a bit since Adamant. Of course, they still needed to save the Empress, but for now they could take a slight breath. There would be no demon army for Corypheus. She was dreading going to the Winter Palace. She had never dealt with politics much in the Circle.

The sound of footsteps came from behind her. Slowly, she turned towards the door.

Josephine walked up frowning, "sorry for bothering you, but this letter just arrived. From your family."

Lexi frowned at her. She hadn't heard anything from them since she had Josephine contacted them asking for their aid. "What is it, Josephine? Are they asking for something?". Everyone was asking something from her, well except Cullen, lately."

Josephine shook her head, "it's addressed to you directly. So I haven't opened it." She held the letter out to her. "I told you I wouldn't read any letter from anyone's family."

Lexi took it from and gave a slight nod. "I just haven't heard from them."

"Did they disown you once you were in the Circle?"

"No, but I didn't see them very often. That of course changed after the Circles revolted."

"I would imagine so. I'll leave you to your letter."

Suddenly, there was a commotion below, drawing both Lexi and Josephine's attention. It seemed two shoulders were dragging someone up from the lower courtyard. Cullen began making a gesture as if to tell her to come down to the Courtyard.

Lexi glanced over at Josephine, "I think we better get down there."

"Agreed."

XOXOX

Cullen looked at the youth, with his cap covering most of his face, held between the two soldiers. They had found him stealing food from the kitchens, which was more than odd. Since all anyone new to Skyhold had to do was ask for food. The youth refused to talk.

Cullen had no real choice, but to have Lexi talk to him. There was no real reason to judge him. More than likely he didn't know he needed only to ask.

"It would help your case, Young man, if you talked," Cullen gave him a slight smile.

"You aren't fooling me, Ferelden." The youth all but spit in Cullen's face.

Frowning, Cullen looked up just as Lexi and Josephine came walking down the stairs down to the lower Courtyard, "Well, we'll see what the Inquisitor has to say about you, shall we."

The youth began to struggle against the guards with vigor.

Lexi walked up frowning, "what is it, Cullen?"

Maker, she was beautiful and his. There were times he could barely believe that fact, but now wasn't the time to think about it.

He turned towards her and gestured towards the youth, "two of my soldiers found him stealing food."

Lexi gave him a slight nod as she walked over to the soldiers. The youth hung his head as if to hide his face.

"All right, now why did you steal? You needed to only ask. We give what we can to those who come here."

The youth continued to keep his face down and said nothing.

Lexi glanced at Cullen, "he isn't much of a talker, huh?"

"He has to be dealt with none the less."

Lexi moved even closer, "what's your name?"

The youth only mumbled and shook his head.

Tilting her head, Lexi frowned for a moment, "Felix?"

The youth raised his head slightly, "ah, hi, Lex." He tired to give a sheepish grin, but failed.

Lexi sighed, "what are you doing here? No, wait don't answer till we get inside." She glanced at Cullen, "this just became a whole more complicated than someone stealing food." She looked at the two solders, "thank you; you can return to your duties."

Slowly, they released the youth and then saluted her, before walking away.

Resting his hand on the hilt of his sword, Cullen raised an eye brow at Lexi, "I take it you know him."

"Cullen, allow me to introduce you to my little brother, Felix."