TAINTED(19)

Chapter 19

Graduation was nothing major, same formal things that happen. Eleanor of course graduated with honors. Everything was just so perfect; they had lunch with the other graduating students and faculty. Eleanor introduced some of her classmates to her family; the girls of course thought Eric was yummy, while the guys drooled over Sasha, but where majorly disappointed to discover those two were engaged.

Everyone was so excited, talking about future plans, and job interviews they had lined up. Eleanor was beaming since she had just about had enough of college life. She had a few shows at Broadway, and she was working on producing her own thing. She just loved the whole cinema business, and she was definitely on her way to greater things. She was also into photography, and had taken some classes towards that. Her future so far looked on the bright side, and for that, she was earnestly grateful to the gods.

So much happened at once, and before they knew it, it was already evening, and they had to bid their friends farewell. Some of them were going partying at Marques as well, but others were going out with family. They all dispersed to their respective vehicles with the promise of keeping in touch. For Eric and Sasha, it was time for operation ‘loosen Eleanor up a bit’.

Ariel and Elma were spending the evening with Sasha’s grandmother. That is the only person who had stood by her when her family lost faith in her. She owed her granny her life, and trusted her with her most precious jewel Ariel. Eleanor and Eric had met grandmother a couple of times during special holidays, like Christmas, thanksgiving, and many other occasions. They automatically bounded, and have adopted her as their own granny since then. The kids could never get enough of her. She was such an angel, it was almost impossible to hate her.

They drove the kids over to her apartment. She lived a few blocks away from NYU, which made it only closer after the whole graduation ceremony. As soon as they parked in the apartment parking, Eleanor got all defensive and closed. Sasha would not have any of that, and scolded her about it, making her gradually give in to those demands, and threats. Let us just say, Sasha had a way with convincing people to do things her way.

They dropped the kids off at granny’s place and Sasha almost burst out of her skin in excitement. Eleanor was hanging onto Elma, who seemed impatient since she wanted to run off to play her Nick Jr. games. She wiggled in Eleanor’s embrace trying to free herself, literary demanded her mother to let her go, and then kissed her nose.

“Have fun momma.” Elma called as she sprinted into the living room straight to the computer.

Sasha and Eric sniggered, and raised their eyebrows when Eleanor mock pouted.

“Well Lea darling, even Elma does not need you tonight, so loosen up already, and let’s go party!” Sasha squealed ecstatically, and winked.

She could not believe that Eleanor had let loose for once. Well, since Elma for once did not cling on her. For that, she was entirely indebted to whoever made this possible. Even if it took her using threats, she was just grateful that she had actually softened. For the past three years, Eleanor has been so closed up, and as much as Sasha had succeeded in getting Eleanor to keep in shape, she had never gotten her to leave the house and go out to have fun. Even the meaningless dates they had tried to drop her into had been extremely disastrous.

This was a miracle. She looked so hot. Sasha had taken it upon herself to make certain that Eleanor was the star of the show tonight. They were going out dancing. For once, Eleanor did not need a fake ID to get in. She was of age now; she had been for a few months. No more, lame excuses about how she was underage. Eleanor was aware that she would be fighting a losing battle so she let Sasha have her way for once. She would try to have as much fun as she could. She had promised herself no drinking. Not even a sip. Little did Eleanor know of the plans Eric and Sasha had for her. Those two were on a mission, a mission they intended to accomplish.

========================================================================

Author's Note:

I admit, I've dragged this long enough, but next chapter is gonna be a shocker. More interesting, if you remember previous chapters. Please support  my story, vote, comment & like. I'm almost done. I can't believe this! Thank you for all your support my faithful readers