TAINTED(15)

Chapter 15

“Aaaaaah!!!” screamed Eleanor.

“Are you ok sis?” Eric said in a panic.

“I think my water broke.” Eleanor screeched, taking heavy breaths.

It had been over a month already since Eleanor’s confession to Eric. He had been there for her as often as possible, besides the fact that he always wanted to be with Sasha. Those two had gotten along so well, and it would not be a surprise if Sasha happened to have a small bump in a few weeks.

There was no way Eric was ready for this baby. He panicked and rushed out of their apartment towards Sasha’s apartment, in just his boxers.

“Sasha, open up!” Eric screamed, banging on her door like a mad man.

“What is the matter?” Sasha grumbled as she opened her door.

She had just woken up after the loud banging coming from her door.

“L-Lee, w-water, b-broke,” Eric breathed out, stuttering, and turning pale at the same time.

“And you left her all by herself?” Sasha screeched, shocked.

She fastened her robe and pulled Eric outside with her, scolding him as she dragged him back to his apartment. She kept grumbling to herself about how men are so damn, and other interesting things.

“Eleanor darling, you ok?” Sasha asked, moving toward her, and picking her up off the floor. Eric just stayed dumfound, until Sasha slapped his forehead.

“Get the car you jerk!” Sasha bellowed.

He started to rush out of the apartment, but stopped dead in his tracks when Sasha spoke up in her booming voice.

“Where do you think you’re going in just your boxers?”

Eric looked down at himself horrified before dashing into his room, and quickly throwing on the nearest clothes he could see, dirty jeans and a black t-shirt. Sasha helped Eleanor get dressed and shouted after Eric to get Ariel on his way out. She pulled out one of her many clothes that piled up in Eleanor’s closet, and swiftly dressed up. They limped out of the apartment as fast as Eleanor’s contractions could allow. As soon as they were in the car, seatbelts and all, Eric drove off at a threatening speed. It is a shock no cops stopped them.

He drove right to the hospital entrance, screaming baby as he jumped out of the car. Several people turned to stare at his crazed up look, but their attention quickly drew away from him to Eleanor who was desperately trying to bite down her groans as Sasha helped her out of the car. The hospital emergency rushed over to help Eleanor. They lifted her onto a stretcher, and rapidly pushed her to the delivery center. Eric was hot on their tail, and Sasha stayed behind to tend to Ariel, and find parking. She would catch up to them in a few minutes. Eric did not seem in the right mind to take care of Ariel or the car.

Before long, everyone was in the delivery room. Sasha left Ariel in the hospital’s kids play center. Eleanor was literary wailing for them to help her. She was moaning and grasping for breath each time the contractions started. The doctor walked in, and asked her to spread her legs apart as she placed her fingers inside her to check how far she had dilated.

“Five centimeters,” the doctor announced.

She asked Eleanor if she wanted an epidural to help relieve her of pain, which she quickly accepted. The doctor explained a few things about the drug’s administration and side effects, but Eleanor did not pay mind to any of that. She was more concerned about getting over with it already. She let Eric sign the paper work, since she was in no position to do it. The pain was making her eyes roll to the back of her head.

The doctor demanded that she stayed still as he injected her lower spinal cord. Eleanor tried her best as Sasha whispered soothing words into her ear, while Eric rubbed her shoulders in an attempt to relax her, until the doctor finished the short process. About ten minutes later, the drug took effect, and Eleanor let out an exhausted sigh before allowing sleep to take over her.

======================================================================

Author's Note:

Hi guys!! Sorry for the longest of delays, but I've been busy with exams. I  hope you enjoy this chapter, let me know please, and vote & comment since this is on watty awards.

Thank you.

Next chapter is on the birth. Can't wait! ^__^