TAINTED(14)

Chapter 14

“Ok Eric, what do you want to know?” Eleanor nervously started.

She had not thought it would be this much more complicated to tell her brother. She wondered what he would think of her. Maybe he would think she was a slut, that she brought this on to herself. All these thoughts kept swirling in her mind that a headache started to form. She felt so dizzy, and felt that bitter taste in her mouth, and before she could comprehend the taste, she was up and running to the bathroom, with Eric staring at her wide eyed.

“Well, that was an interesting start to this conversation.” Eleanor murmured to herself once she finished pouring out her guts in the bathroom.

Eric walked to the bathroom door, leaning against the door casually, in an attempt to cover up his worry.

“You ok little sis?” He inquired, cocking his eyebrow.

Eleanor rolled her eyes before bursting out laughing while rubbing the back of her hand over her mouth. She gathered herself off the floor with a little bit more effort that she expected.

“Come on then, big bro, let’s get over with this, shall we…hmmm?

She successfully managed to cover up that nervous knot in her throat because she knew she could not keep running away from the truth forever. It had definitely caught up with her, and she hated to lie to her brother. After all, he had always been there for her since her parents did not have time to play their role. Sighing, she whispered, “Shawn raped me” before shutting her eyes tightly. The room was eerily quiet for about 5 minutes before anyone made a sound. The next sound was a sharp intake of air, which happened to come from Eric. Eleanor did not dare open her eyes because she was scared shitless of what she would see in his eyes. Those judgmental eyes, she was not ready to face them.

Eleanor felt warm envelop her, but she could not trust herself to open up her eyes. She was such a nervous wreck about the whole situation, and she thought she imagined it all. He had not screamed at her, he had not been judgmental. All he had done was comfort her, and like those stupid crazy hormones always acting out, she burst out into loud sobs, with Eric, murmuring soothing words into her ears. She had not realized how much she needed her brother until then. She was glad she took that step, and she knew he would not push her further.

They embraced each other for what seemed like hours, but would probably be less than an hour before Eleanor felt ready to let go of Eric. His shirt was soaked and even dripping with a bit of slime. Eric took one look at himself before scrunching up his face in disgust.

“You disgusting piece of shit.” He scolded playfully.

They both burst out laughing, until Eleanor started clutching her belly from excessive laughter. The protruding bump pushed forward, and Eleanor shrieked. Eric pushed away from her, worry written all over his face, and demanded what was up.

“T-the b-baby,” Eleanor stuttered, “IT MOVED!!!!!!” She just about shrieked.

This had Eric excited, and on his feet, demanding to see and feel this for himself. She lifted up her shirt to reveal her belly, and not a minute later, they both saw a little stretch of tiny feet, and both gasped at the same time.

“DID YOU SEE THAT!?” Eric screamed ecstatically, as he grabbed onto Eleanor’s shoulders a bit roughly. He could not contain his excitement, and neither could Eleanor, as she nodded her head vigorously with tears streaming down her face. They spent a few minutes speaking incoherently, not really understanding one another’s words, but getting the meaning behind it all, and then suddenly, they hugged for what seemed like forever before letting go of each other. Eric spent the next hour playing ‘hide and seek’ with Eleanor’s moving belly, the previous unpleasant conversation long forgot. Eleanor was giggling through the whole episode.

This was the best fun both Eleanor and Eric had had in a very long time, so they relished in it. Who knows when the next time would be when they would enjoy each other’s company this much? The baby probably was exhausted because it suddenly stopped moving, and Eleanor yawned as well. Eric led her to her bed to catch some sleep. He kissed her forehead goodnight, but Eleanor grabbed his hand before he could leave.

“Spend the night with me please?” She asked almost pleadingly.

Eric just nodded, and moved to her side, as he climbed into the bed. The stared at each other smiling, and talking about all the plans they had in store for the baby. A few times though, Eric’s eyes grew darker, as he mentioned Shawn’s name, and he’d curse quietly, claiming the baby could hear him, or catch up on his dark thoughts. Eleanor just kept rubbing his shoulder, and whispering sweet words to soothe him, and before sleep captivated them both, Eleanor had told him everything that happened. She was surprised she managed to keep him calm. She figured it was the excitement of seeing the baby move. Eleanor sighed contentedly, kissing Eric’s forehead, and murmuring a quiet thank you before falling into a dreamless sleep.

=======================================================================

Author's Note:

Yeah us!!! Sorry for the delay, as we all know, we are busy with school, work & every other weird stuff keeping us busy. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Give me yo feed back, ok? Thank you....

OK...sorry bout the errors, I did not proofread. I'll try to upload early next chapter. ^__^