TAINTED(17)

1 year old Elma with Eleanor

=====================================================================

Chapter 17

“Elma Watson Reeves get your skinny behind back in here,” Eleanor called out to the naughty three year old.

Little Elma stormed over to her mother, pouting adorable. Eleanor was almost sucked into those big brown innocent looking eyes, but she knew better than to fall for her daughter’s charm.

“You need to pick up your toys pumpkin; they don’t look good on the living room floor.” Eleanor instructed Elma calmly.

It had been the three most beautiful years of Eleanor’s life, with Sasha, Eric and even Ariel helping her with little Elma. They were a big beautiful family who always had each other’s backs. The seven-year-old Ariel was smitten with Elma. She spent every waking moment of her life in Eleanor’s apartment watching over Elma, as long as she was not in school.

Eric had already graduated and had moved in with Sasha. Their relationship had grown stronger, and you could almost hear the wedding bells. Eleanor had turned down all of the hookups Eric and Sasha tried to get her; always insisting that she was more than happy with her life style.

“Besides, I have school and Elma already keeping me on my toes.” Eleanor had pointed out to them on more than one occasion.

They gave up probably getting the hint when Eleanor did not show up for one of her blind dates. She was not ready to trust any other man into her life. As much as she did not want to admit it, she was scared that another Shawn-like episode could happen. She could not bear any of that, especially with Elma looking up to her.

She spent her days at school, while Elma went to her college’s daycare center. Her parents had found out about the child but could not find time in their lives to come home, they just kept stocking Eleanor’s account mostly out of guilt. Eleanor was accustomed to this, so it did not affect her at all because she had Eric, Sasha and those two adorable girls to keep her so occupied in happiness, there was barely anytime to worry about loneliness or hatred and betrayal.

All through her first three years of life, Elma had been such an angel, never crying or wailing loudly through the night or from that, weird abdominal pain babies usually get. Eleanor had it easy raising Shawn’s child. She was more than happy he did not reappear during those sweet years of the child’s life, and she had a strong feeling he would never show his face unless he wanted to end up behind bars.

The fear of hating the child that Eleanor had once harbored within herself was totally gone. She had never once felt anger or hatred towards that little angel she held in her arms. She was secretly thankful that Shawn had blessed her with such an adorable angel, although he could have made it special, but it did not really matter. She was happy and she would not allow anything to destroy her happiness.

She was finally graduating, and she could not wait to join the theaters. Everything was going so well and she almost forgot how complicated her life had been for the past four years. Sighing, she wondered how her life would have been had she never met Shawn, but she quickly shock such thoughts out of her mind when thoughts of Elma filled up her mind. She would not allow herself to dwell on the past, but instead, she would look forward to the future. There was just too much she could not afford to lose now to focus on the past. She smiled to herself, and rested her head on her pillow, thinking about the future.

=======================================================================

Author's Note:

Hi y'all. I know this chapter is short, but please vote, comment. It's on WATTY AWARDS!!! Anyway, just give me a feedback if you enjoy the story. Thank you @arabianblackstallion for yo faithful feedback.