Prologue - 0.4

Hajime Hinata:
I sat up in my bed talking to Mikan for a bit until I had regained some more strength.
So do the others know you're here?

Mikan Tsumiki:
Y-Yes! I-I was in the administration building on the Central I-Island. I-I didn't want t-to leave though... I wanted to st-st-stay by my friends' sides. A-Also... when I w-woke up, despite having r-regained my memories... I wasn't s-sure where I was and I was scared of what might be outside b-because all the windows were bolted shut.
I wandered the b-building for a while, sat in the staff lounge a-and slept next to all y-you each night.

Hajime Hinata:
Even in that situation... she didn't leave us. It was as if she wanted to care for us- even with us in that state. She truly is the Ultimate Nurse.

Mikan Tsumiki:
O-One night however, when I returned, I-I saw that the 5 of you had gone. I was shocked... I di-didn't know what to do. A-After who knows how long, Fu-Fuyuhiko, Sonia and Kazuichi entered the building while I was sitting in the lounge. A-Apparently... it was perfect t-timing, because I was told that you had almost been killed by A-Akane. S-So they came to the b-building to find s-something useful to h-help you because the Hospital apparently hadn't been stocked by the Future Foundation yet...

Hajime Hinata:
Now that I think about it, the hospital room *is* a lot emptier than I remember.
But on another note... Now that I think about it, I feel like I have no recollection of the inside of that building.
Now that I did think about it, I have no idea what the inside was like... but isn't that strange? I mean, I came out of there didn't I?

Mikan Tsumiki:
Y-You do not need to worry Hajime! I believe It was a side effect of the sudden change in environment. I-I know because I felt the s-same when I woke up.

Hajime Hinata:
Oh, well I guess that makes sense. *sigh* But anyway...
I attempted to climb out of my hospital bed giving Mikan quite the shock.

Mikan Tsumiki:
W-Wait! Hajime! Please be careful to not overexert yourself! Please lean on me if you feel light headed!

Hajime Hinata:
As always, Mikan always turned so serious when she was taking care of someone.
...Thank you Mikan. Now let's head back over to our friends.

Mikan Tsumiki:
Do you... do you think you'll be okay wal-walking?

Hajime Hinata:
If you're here... I'm sure I'll be fine.
I gave her a smile causing Mikan to blush a bit as she fidgeted with her fingers whilst looking at the ground.
I have to cherish her I thought after realising that in this world, our time together with our friends could be cut short when you'd least expect it.
We walked out of the hospital together and to the hotel where Mikan told me the others were.

~ Hotel – Restaurant ~

Hajime Hinata:
I walked into the hotel after having to take a few breaks - leaning on Mikan or sitting on benches. As I walked up to the restaurant and saw my friends there, I noticed that someone wasn't there with them.

Sonia Nevermind:
Oh my Hajime! I am glad that you have come back to us!

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu:

Hey good to see you two again. Come on, you two must be starving after being in the hospital for 6 days.

Hajime Hinata:
Wo-Woah? I was out for that long?
The truth was I really was starving so I walked over – Mikan still by my side – and sat down at a table where a good selection of food sat.
Both Mikan and I chose some food off the table. Mikan began eating but I had an issue on my mind.
Hey guys. Where's Akane?

Kazuichi Soda:
Oh hahaha. Yeaaaaah about that. She's been in her room ever since the whole, attempted murder ordeal. She hasn't even been eating.

Hajime Hinata:
Akane? Hasn't been eating? For six days as well!?

Sonia Nevermind:
It... would seem that way. I am worried of course, but after what she tried to do to you, I have not been sure how to approach her. Perhaps that is her way of thinking right now also?

Hajime Hinata:
I was worried about Akane as well... but... she nearly killed me. Just what was... going through her head at that time?
I picked up a spoon and started to sip at the soup in front of me, still lost in thought, thinking about Akane.
My eyes lit up due to the delicious flavour of the soup I just tasted and drank down the entire thing.

Woah. Who made that soup? I think even Teruteru would have a hard time competing.

Suddenly... something that I never would've expected occurred. Like a sudden slap to the face, my feeling of ease was suddenly replaced by shock and confusion.

M-MIKAN?!

Mikan... had collapsed to the floor... her lifeless body lay limp on the wooden ground of the restaurant. I jumped down on to the ground next to her body and desperately held her in my arms, trying to wake her up.

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu:
Hmph. I'm glad you two enjoyed the soup. I guess I really did pick up a skill for making poison in the last 3 years. So much so that I could even mask the taste of it.

Hajime Hinata:
W-What? What are you saying?!?! You did this?!

Kazuichi Soda:
Heh. Don't worry about it Hajime. This needs to happen. Besides, we already succumbed to it while you were enjoying your little nap, so stop acting all important and just join us.

Hajime Hinata:
They spoke with an evil, humoured, dark tone towards me. Who... were these people? They weren't the same people that I escaped with... towards a new hope. Towards a new future. The future that our friends made for us.

B-But you guys! T-Think about our friends! We can't just give in like this! We have to do this for the-

Sonia Nevermind:
SILENCE! You insolent fool! We are doing this for our friends! Do you not understand?!

Hajime Hinata:
Wh...what was happening. Sonia no longer sounded like the composed, elegant woman that I knew as my friend. Instead she roared with anger, shouting at the top of her lungs which sent shivers down my spine. And the two others spoke with so much malice behind their voices that it chilled me to the bone.

Sonia Nevermind:
All we must do now, is remove the obstacles!

Hajime Hinata:
Huh? Remove the obstacles? Wh-what do... wha...
The world began going dark... but I still tried to force out the words.

Sonia Nevermind:
A?? ?o? n?e??d w?? ? l?t??? p?s?. W? ??e g???? ?? ?r??? ?he? ?a??.

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu:
??d ?e ?a??? d? t??? ?nl??? ??? s?????? ?o i? a?d ?o?? ?s. D???t be ?f??i?.

Hajime Hinata:
I could barely make out what they were saying through all the haziness and darkness that was gradually consuming my body.

The last thing I could make out was-

Kazuichi Soda:
Aft?r a?l. We're a?l frie?ds, r?ght?

Hajime Hinata:
Finally, my eyes grew too heavy as the overwhelming force of the poison became too much. I let my eyes finally close as I exhaled loudly with a croak in my voice.

And then...

Nothing... except darkness...

AN

Rough week for Hajime right? Passing out twice in the space of six days.

'Such Despaaaaaair' ~ Quote from Lady Junk - Queen of Despair.

Next chapter out tomorrow ~ (he says as if anyone is following the story xD)