AN and Character/Story Explanation

AN

Hey guys~ It's been a while! If you know what Danganronpa is then this story carries on from the second one, exactly where it left off. Even so, if you haven't seen it then by all means, still read it.

For those of you who don't really understand, it would be best to start at Chapter 1 (as in skip the prologue) as Chapters 1-5 are not relevant to the prologue (mostly).

BTW, obviously there's spoilers of what happens in the second game, 'Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair'. Like, big spoilers.

Also,  I want to know if you guys want me to write in a Script style like how the game speech layout is or a Normal style like a book.

eg. Script style

Hajime Hinata:

No! That's wrong!

I yelled across the room in attempt to highlight the contradiction.

eg. Normal style

'No! That's wrong!' I yelled across the room in an attempt to highlight the contradiction.

___________________________________________________________________________________

If you don't know what happens in Danganronpa 2, I'll do a sum-up below. If you do, then just skip this entire thing! :)

Hajime Hinata / Izuru Kamakura - Ultimate Hope

Sonia Nevermind - Ultimate Princess

Akane Owari - Ultimate Gymnast

Kazuichi Soda - Ultimate Mechanic

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu - Ultimate Yakuza

Below is just the summary of the entire second game so once again, if I haven't made it clear, SPOILERS DOWN BELOW! Like seriously. There are. Trust me.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Summary:

The game's main character is Hajime Hinata, a high school boy at the prestigious school for the best of the best in every domain known as, 'Hope's Peak Academy'. The students of this school are known as Ultimates because as the name implies, they are the best at what they do. Hajime however can't remember his talent and we go through the game until Chapter 4, not knowing that Hajime enrolled at the school as a Reserve Course Student (Reserve Course pay to go to the prestigious school and is the Academy's source of revenue) .

In Chapter 1, we are greeted by many Ultimates. The first one you meet is a boy, Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student. He takes care of Hajime as he faints on the beach that they were suddenly brought to on a tropical island. This happens after all memories of their school lives were removed. Nagito initially comes across as a very friendly guy with a positive outlook on the situation who helps Hajime get to know everyone. However, it turns out that despite him being friendly, he is a self-loathing, Ultimate/Hope loving person who will do anything to allow hope to shine brighter, even if it means overcoming the despair of the deaths of their fellow classmates.

For this reason, Nagito gets the killing game started off (killing game made by a virus in the world- they are in a game world- they don't know that- finds out in Chapter 6) by egging one classmate on to kill another. Following this, a class trial is held and the guilty party is executed. This causes everyone to turn away from Nagito out of fear and hatred.

Killings continue to occur and in Chapter 5, Nagito learns the truth that the 15 people were Ultimate Despair (destroyed people, buildings, their own bodies etc.) and thus tried to kill everyone left in order to battle Despair (Nagito is obsessed with Hope). This fails and Nagito and the 'traitor' (NPC that was placed amongst the 15 students as a caretaker over the world that they are in- initially the world they're in was intended to be a world for recovering from being Ultimate Despair- the 15 don't know she is a NPC until Chapter 6) are the only ones to die.

The final chapter reveals that Hajime Hinata was a member of the Reserve Course that committed mass suicide (2,357 people... I think) and was the only survivor. This is because his brain was tampered with by the academy as a test subject, essentially. With this, Hajime becomes the embodiment of talent, Izuru Kamukura (Hope's Peak founder). His entire past is forced to the deepest parts of his brain where he can't remember. He can only remember who he is in the game because the program is able to fish his past memories out for him.

They find out that if they're to leave (graduate) then the true Ultimate Despair, Junko Enoshima (was the virus that infected the peaceful program- brought by Hajime's former self, Izuru) will take the bodies of their deceased friends, taking over the world once again (after her death in Danganronpa 1). Also if they are to graduate, their memories of the island will be kept a

But if they choose to shutdown the program, (as instructed to do by a member of the organisation who put them in the game originally) their memories of the island will be destroyed and they will revert to Ultimate Despairs. Hajime will cease to exist.

The NPC who dies in Chapter 5 comes to drag Hajime out of the darkness surrounding him and explains to him that he can create his future rather than having the outcome already chosen for him.

The group shutdown the program and do not revert back to Ultimate Despairs (or fully) and choose to remain on the REAL Jabberwock Island to wait by their sleeping friends who were killed during the killing school trip ordeal, waiting for them to wake up (despite the slim chance).

~

Wooh, that summary was longgggg.

Oh well, there you go! If you didn't understand it, that probably didn't help at all but hey hey. It's the best I could do while not going completely overboard!