Chapter 17: Reckless behavior

I laid there, holding my mouth in complete shock. He hit me? I pulled my hand away from my mouth to look at it. Blood. I started to cry and looked up at him.
"W-w...."
He kneeled down to me "were you gonna ask Why?"
When I didn't answer he pulled my face toward him "your behavior is not acceptable. So what if I'm cheating! I'm coming home to your ungrateful ass everyday."
I pushed away. " so you are cheating. I'm done with this" I attempted to get up but chad got on top of me and pinned me to the floor.
"You have no idea what I'm capable of dear. I wouldn't leave if I was you"
"What? The only thing you can do is hit me because your a weak little boy who can't hit someone their own size"
He brought his fist across my face again. This time I felt my teeth loosen.
"Oh honey, I would stop talking if I was you. You see, for now on things aren't going your way. It's my way or 7inches into the ground. Got that? Oh and if your dare tell aiden or jack or anybody else you think could help you.....you'll just end up getting them killed.....though aiden is such a pain lately maybe I should just make that call now"
I looked at him "who are you? You are not my husband"
He laughed "Oh baby, Would you like to see my ring?"
"Why are you doing this?"
He laughed again but this time coming closer to my face "that's such a cliche question but I'll answer it. I do love you, I do but I don't want to be married to you. So...."
"So you kill me"
He smiled "no. I don't wanna kill you. I love you too much but I will not let you leave me and take half of what I got. So we will be happy again, trust me this will all blow over"
"How-"
He put his hand over my mouth "no talking remember?"
I couldn't help the tears that flowed out of my eyes at this moment. The man who I loved and made me feel safe just became my worst enemy and nightmare.
"I-I'm sorry if I did something to upset you chad but-"
"You always do stuff to make me angry but I used to let it go but not anymore Hun, you'll see"
Right then the phone rang and chad got up to answer it " if you move, you'll feel much worst pain then me hitting you"
I rolled over and cried. I felt so weak and stupid. How could I have married a wife beater? This isn't me! I'm not the type of women who gets beat up by her husband! No! God please no!
"Tomorrow? Mom I won't be here! Anna? What do you wanna talk to her about? Alright fine, tomorrow at 11 am she'll be here. Love you, bye"
"Babe get up! What are you doing on the ground?" He came over to me " shit, what happened to your face?"
I looked at him confused "are you serious right now?"
He went and got a washcloth and started wiping my face. "Who did this to you babe?"
By the worry in his eyes I knew somehow he didn't remember what he did. What the hell?
I shoved him away "go away!"
I got up and headed to the bedroom I got to the bed and covered myself with every single cover available and cried myself to sleep.
----------------------------------------------
I woke to sound of the doorbell ringing a thousand times. I got out of bed and looked at my face...."oh god, yesterday wasn't just a nightmare"
The doorbell rang again and I ran to the door. When I opened the door, chad's mom rushed inside "I need to talk to you"
She finally turned around and looked at my face
"Oh goodness, that answers my question then."
I was confused, "what question?"
She went over to the couch and sat down and I did the same " he hadn't been taking his pills, has he?"
"Pills? He hasn't taken Advil in forever. He says it makes his headaches worst"
She sighs "not those types of pills honey. Nardil is what he supposed to be taking daily for his disorder"
I felt like I wanted to throw up "disorder?"
"Sweetie, Chad has split personality disorder and he's borderline bipolar "

Authors note: what do you think of the story? Leave a comment and tell me, I'd love to hear your feedback. Should I keep going? Or no?