chapter 3: working late

It had been a couple weeks now since our wedding day, things were finally getting back to normal. I think we were finally out of the 'congrats on your wedding' stage and into 'when will there be a baby' stage. to tell the truth? I wasn't sure i was ready for one yet. We just moved into this big beautiful home, Chad's doctor so we were good financially but that would also mean he wouldn't be around much and I know that would be tough on the both of us. Since moving in, I Haven't been back to work since Chad enjoys me here when He comes home and I enjoy it just as much. All I literally do all day is cook, clean, and shop.  things I definitely didn't have much time for when I was working back breaking hours for minimum wage. I didn't miss working at all. I went shopping for blue and white furniture yesterday since it is our wedding colors and They actually  turned out great. It added a sense of memory to our house which i feel chad and I both love. 

ding dong

I ran to get the door since I knew it was my bestfriend Jack on the other side.

When I opened the door he scooped me up into a warm embrace and I realized I might have needed this. Then held me at arms length.

"Why are you not with me?"

Knowing jack liked me ever since I knew him didn't bother me. Jack was the type of guy who had a different girlfriend each week and I didn't want a boyfriend like that. He broke up with girls simply because they were too "boring" or too"weird" or too"short"...and the list goes on. He's my bestfriend and I love him but He has some serious shallow issues. we did try to see if things would work once a long time ago, but realized we were just way better as friends. 

"Shutup!" I say as I close the door and we head in the kitchen to sit down.

"I love what you done with the place"

"Thankyou. You didn't know I had interior design skills huh?"

He laughed

"No I guess I didn't"

Then his face grew serious.

"Why are you with that jerk chad?"

So, I failed to mention that chad and jack despise each other. I couldn't have both of them in the same room because they'd actually kill each other....and that wasn't sarcasm. I was surprised it went pretty well at the wedding.

"Jack, I don't understand why you don't like chad. He's a great guy and he treats me like a princess"

"I don't know... something about the guy just doesn't seem right. like it's all in his aura. "

I got up and started fixing jack a plate of food.

"Your the one who treats me bad. Your my best friend but you just come here to get a plate of food and leave". I said trying to lighten the energy a bit. 

He laughs and rubs his stomach

"Hey! what can I say? Your the best cook I know"

"Yeah yeah"

I give him his plate of food and he heads for the door.

"You don't love me jack"

He laughs

"I do. Hey, what do you say we do something together every Friday since its my off day? We can go bowling or just hang out and catch up? I have missed you bunny"

i smiled,"Me too so yeah that's sounds great"

He gave me a big hug and kissed my cheek.

"Alright I gotta go or I'll be late for work but I'll see you Friday"

"OK bye"

"Bye"

I shut the door just in time to hear my phone ring.
"Hello?"
"Hey wifey. How's my wife today?"
"I'm good baby. How's work?"
"Work is good....that's what I'm actually calling about. I have this new patient who needs to be watched around the clock...I would be off around 2 but one person called off so I'll have to work until another doctor could come in so...I might not be home until 11"

My mood saddened.
"Oh OK"

He caught on to my mood change.
"I'll be home and in bed with you before you know it OK?"
"OK"
"OK I gotta go though babe. I'll call you when I'm on my way home. I love you"
"Love you too"
"OK bye"
"Bye"