“What are we having for breakfast ?” I asked .

Tashie glanced over at the table . “Looks like …porridge “ She said glumly .

“Alright , well we'd better get over there before it's all gone “ I advised .

After breakfast , Cait brought the little kids to the playground . Terri , and some other girls , took a lift into town . Tashie , Fay and I hung around the house and talked in the game room .

“I don't want to be adopted “ Tashie stated . “Not by a bunch of strangers . I don't think I will be anyway , Kiara said they might have found some of our family . We'll probably be moving in with them soon .”

I nodded vaguely , though I admit I really wasn't listening . It sounded as though she was bragging about not having to be adopted . I knew she didn't mean it like that , though , it was just my subconscious twisting her words out of jealousy .

That makes me sound like a pig I thought , and snorted . Tashie looked at me , eyebrows raised , and I blushed and looked down .

Later , Cait came back . I saw at once why so many people had wanted to go into town , when they all came sauntering in with their crisp new All Time Low t-shirts . I saw Tashie rolling her eyes and shaking her head , but I didn't feel the same confidence . I tugged worriedly at the sleeve of my own second-hand jumper and bit my lip . I wanted to be adopted , an escape route of any sort seemed so inviting right now , but who would want to adopt me ? I came from a poor family on the 'bad' side of town , I wore cheap clothes and owned little possessions . And then there were people like Terri , who not only looked beautiful , but spoke clearly and at first glance seemed like the angel of a child . She would be adopted I thought , sighing inside . I followed Tashie back upstairs , leaving behind any hope of a new life .

At four o clock , a knock came on the door . It was my night for dinner , so I was in the kitchen with Cait , and Kiara who had called over early .

“Who is that ?” Cait asked herself . “The band aren't supposed to be here until five ...”

Kiara and I followed her out to the hall , then watched her open the door .

“Alright guys , lets move in !” A voice called , and a man appeared , beckoning more to follow .

About twenty men and women entered the house , carting with them cameras , microphones , laptops , and many other pieces of filming equipment .

“Umm... excuse me ?” Cait asked icily , raising her eyebrows . Kiara and I winced , wouldn't want her looking like that at me .

“Oh , sorry “ The first man said , turning around . “Hi , I'm Ritchie . You must be ...”

“Cait . May I ask what you are doing here ?”

Ritchie shifted uncomfortably under her gaze .

“Ehh , we have to set up all the filming stuff before the band come . You know , make sure the lighting's right , angle the cameras and get all the microphones set up , that kind of stuff .”

“I see “ Cait said . She had calmed down a little now , but still looked angry . She glanced over at us . “Hazel , back in the kitchen . You don't want anything to burn “ she said sharply , making a 'shoo' motion with her hand . I nodded , not needing to be told twice , and disappeared into the kitchen .

For dinner , we were having chicken , rice and some roasted veg . The rice was bubbling away , so I left that and checked on the chicken . “That looks … done ?” I guessed , taking it out of the oven so I could see it in better light .