Chapter 2

"Man, what happened with Arabella?" Adam questioned as he threw his dirty shirt at me.
"She's a crazy bitch." I rolled my eyes throwing it back at him.
"But a beautiful bitch." He smirked.
"Maybe.." I paused, "but I don't care. I've never seen someone so rude." I huffed taking out a cigarette.
"Go to the bathroom or we will be fucked." He pointed at the cigarette.
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes walking to the bathroom as he continued to change.
"Next time don't ask me to join you when you know she's going with us."
"You have to get used to interacting with her, though.." He yelled from behind the door.
"Which means?" I opened the door still puffing my cigarette.
"She's taking sociology and Art History this semester. Have fun." He teased as I groaned.
"Fuck you."
"Very very much." He sang as I slammed the bathroom door back at his face.
We'll start sociology tomorrow.. Oh God..
-----
"Tanner!" Alice yelled shaking me awake.
"How did you get in here?" I asked not able to open my eyes.
"Adam opened for me, and he's in the bathroom because you both overslept amd classes will start in fifteen minutes."
"Shit." I groaned as Adam came out of the bathroom in nothing but his boxers.
"C'mon, I'll wait in the cafeteria." She talked quickly trying to act normal, but fact she's blushing as hell.
"Oh babe, don't be too shy. It's nothing you've not seen before." Adam teased.
"Fuck you." She rolled her eyes slamming the room door shut.
"You look like a wet rat." I shook my head walking in shower.
"You're just jealous." He huffed.

"I have sociology not bio." I told Alice as we talked in the middle of the hall.
"Okay, see you after class, then." She smiled walking in the opposite direction.
Checking my watch, I found that I had two minutes only to reach the classroom, so I had no chance but to sprint past all these lazy kids.
"What the hell!" Shit.
Arabella turned around, her blue eyes are wide with fury.
"Sorry." I cleared my throat.
"Watch where you're going!" She continued yelling.
"You shouldn't be standing here when there's one minute for class."
"Oh sorry, papa. I'm the one to blame for sure."
"Yes." I rolled my eyes walking past her and into the classroom.
I've never seen someone standing in the middle of the hall drinking coffee for fuck's sake. Either stand by the wall of sit in the cafeteria!
"Good morning." The professor walked in just on time with a smile on his face.
"Good morning, sir." Everyone in class replied quietly.
"Let me introduce myself first. I'm professor George, and I've been studying and teaching sociology for over twenty five years, but I'm not that old." He chuckled making us smile.
"Sociology is very interesting, and our classes will all be about discussions and sometimes you'll have to write down essays. I think I already know some of you-" He was cut off by a knock on the door, before it was pushed open.
"I know Arabella for example and how she's always late for classes." He sighed.
"Hello, sir George." She gave him a bored look.
"Take a seat." He pointed at the seat in front of him. "Next time, I'll never let in anyone who's late. Since I come on time, you should also respect me and come on time." He sighed, but she didn't even bother to apologise sincerely or even thanking him for letting her in.
"Today, we will discuss a very important topic." He spoke picking up his marker, and jotted down the word 'abortion'.
"Abortion: A heartless murder or a method of birth control?" He asked leaning against his desk while we all sat silently.
"Hey! You're still sleeping or what?" He chuckled making us laugh lightly.
"What's your name?" He pointed at the girl next to me.
"Anna." She answered nervously.
"What do you think, Anna? Is it a bad thing or a good thing?"
"Um- It's not a question that can be answered with yes or no. It has a lot of branches, I guess." She shrugged, and he nodded in agreement.
"What do you think?" He turned to me.
"It saves lives by ending others. I think it's selfish." I shrugged.
"Okay, here's the first opinion as your friend-"
"Tanner."
"Well, as Tanner said, some think it's selfish of the parents to do it because they're saving their lives by killing their child."
"Bullshit." Arabella huffed.
"It sound that Arabella has a different opinion. May we know it?" He turned to her.
"Abortion is better for the child himself. Growing up in an unsafe enviroment will ruin him and not help him one bit. Why not say that abortion saves him from having a horrible life?"
"So we should kill him?" He raised a brow. "Who are we to decide?"
"Do you even believe yourself?" Arabella narrowed her eyes.
"Arabella, this is a discussion. You have to listen to different point of views." He explained to her.
"This cannot be a discussion in the first place. I'm sorry, but abortion is a perfect method for birth control."
"I guess people need to take precautions before it comes to this.." David said quietly.
"Sorry, but that's really stupid. I mean, what if the condom broke?"
"Arabella!" Sir George raised his voice.
"It's a method of birth control, sir." She huffed.
"Not because he has a different point of view, then you have the right to call it stupid, young lady. In most states, abortion is permissible in some cases, but not for careless couples."
"What are the cases?" Anna asked.
"Things like rape, or if it will end the mother's life, or if he'll be mentally or physically retarded."
"I guess that's fair."
"Who else agrees to this?" He asked.
"I agree, and it's also fair from the religious point of view." Helen shrugged.
"Who disagrees?"
"I guess it's unfair as in some areas, kids suffer from poverty and hunger, and the parents are too ignorant and ill- equipped to use other methods such as condoms for example. It's something out of their reach, I guess." Rola spoke up hesitantly.
"So, we agree that it's okay, but in some cases only that are very urgent." "Yeah." She nodded.
"God.." Arabella huffed.
"You may leave the class if you can't learn to manage discussions." Sir George glared at her.
"I guess you're right." She rolled her eyes gathering her things before walking out and slamming the door shut.
"I want you to write a paper, but it'll be kind of- different. You'll have to write about the opposite point of view, and try to persuade me of it, and then we'll handle this discussion once again. Kindly note that you must read a lot and watch videos about things concerning this subject. You can sit together, and discuss it again to help each others." He continued not caring if she left class that way.
"How can I do that when I can't even believe myself?" Anna frowned.
"Stand on the opposite side. This will help see it better, but try to believe it with an open mind. It is a murder and it is a way of birth control at the end of the day. I mean, both sides are right. You know what? It's like a medecine; it kills the virus, but it has it's side effects, and your job is to think about those side effects. Is this virus worth it? Can we stop it before we reach this point? Should we fight for it or fight it? I'll give you some time till next week. Thank you, and class dismissed." He smiled as we all started gathering our things.
I guess this will be my favourite class..