Getting Rid of People Can Be A Good Thing

You, Asuka, and Rei are all waiting in a small room. You've recently took a test to find out if you're sync ratio is good enough to pair with the all-mechanical Eva's. Suddenly, Gendo (your last name) walks in. Also known as your father. Everyone including you proceeds to look up to him. "Well, I have the results", Gendo starts. "(Y/N) and Rei, you've achieved a sync rate of 12.6 and 13.2". Those numbers are good enough to tell you you're compatible with your Eva. "But, unfortunately....", Gendo continues, "Asuka, you've scored a rate of 5.4, which is not enough to completely pair with your Eva". Asuka gives a shocked look. "W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN ?!?", she yells while standing up. "We've noticed some patterns with your mind. What you were thinking of brought down your rate.", Gendo states. Silence emerges in the room. "This could cause problems with how you pilot an Eva", Gendo says. "I'm sorry....", he continues, "but you're no longer needed". Asuka sits down, looking down in pure sadness. It's almost as if she got fired from a job she didn't get paid for doing. Misato walks in. She spots Asuka then proceeds to say, "What happened?". "Asuka got a low sync rate. Father said that she can't pilot an Eva with a score like that, so she's getting replaced.", you respond. Misato stays in silence for a few seconds then says, "We'll need to find a replacement for Unit-2". Asuka looks up, stands up, then yells, "YOU'RE JUST GONNA BE LIKE THAT?!?". "I'VE BEEN THROUGH ALL THIS CRAP AND YOU'RE JUST GONNA REPLACE ME?!?", Asuka berates. "She's been aggressive many times, but this would be a relief", you're mind says. All of a sudden, Misato slaps Asuka. Asuka pauses to look at Misato. "Did you just slap me?", she asks. "That was the only way I could stop you from bitching about it", Misato replies. Without saying any word, Asuka leaves the room. "She's sleeping on the couch tonight", Misato says with Asuka's absence.

A worker walks into the room. "Major Katsuragi", she says. "Yes", Misato replies. "We've found some applicants who would qualify as pilots for Unit-2", the worker says. She hands the tablet to Misato. "Well then, only 3 qualifiers?", Misato asks.

THE NEXT DAY

As Asuka approaches the classroom, she sees many students chatting. She can hear things such as "Eva", "Unit-2", etc. All of a sudden, the daughter of a wealthy family approaches Asuka with her Hawaiian-print Valentino backpack. She asks, "Do you know who's going to be the next pilot for Unit-2?". Trying to be nice because she's friends with the rich daughter, Asuka replies, "Actually, no. I'm anxious as you are". The daughter smiles then walks away. Asuka looks at her Valentino backpack. "How can she afford such an expensive bag?", her mind says. Asuka starts to look bored.

AFTER SCHOOL

Asuka gets home. She finds a note on the fridge. It reads:

Dear Asuka,
Sorry about what happened. There's some leftover Popeyes in the fridge if you're hungry. Shinji, Rei, and I are out trying to test the next pilot for Unit-2. See you soon.

-Misato

P.S. There's cake there if you want it. I took a slice, so :P

Asuka heats up the leftover chicken then thinks to herself, "Maybe I can actually try a better life now that I'm no longer a pilot". The phone rings. It's (Y/N). Reluctant to answer, Asuka does so anyways. "What?", she greets. "We know who the next pilot of Unit-2 is.", you respond. Asuka ends the call then sits spacing out.