All Systems are a Go

You're told to step on to the teleportation plate, where you get teleported into a cylindrical-shaped tube. Inside, the lights are dark. As the entry plug gets inserted into the Mecha, the lights start to turn on. All you see around you is a wall. But then, a cool, amber-like liquid with the consistency of water starts to fill up the entry plug . "What is this stuff ?!?", you ask. Once the entry plug is filled with the special liquid, Dr. Akagi says, "It's called LCL. Once it's filled in your lungs, your blood will be oxygenated directly. So get used to it". You let  go a breath of relief as you wait for the next thing to happen. The LCL becomes" electrolysed", allowing you to see everything normal again, without even noticing that you're in a liquid and your clothes are not wet. You're not even drowning. Then, special lights  appear on the wall creating an interface around you which shows your every surrounding without any lines appearing on it. You're sitting on a seat that has another screen in front of you, with two handles on the left and right. The placement doesn't split your legs. As the headsets in your head measure your brainwaves, Dr. Akagi gives the ok to carry the Mechanoid to the launchpad. When that happens, you anticipate the moment of being launched like a rocket ship. "All systems are a go", says a lady in charge of preparations. "Right", says Misato." Can we really do this?", she asks your father. "Of course, if we don't fight the Angels, then there won't be a future for any of us.", he says. "Launch it!", says Misato. From the moment those words are said, the launchpad immediately charges you towards the surface of California. The surging travel pushes you into your seat as the surface platform opens up. Once you are launched, a charging gun is disconnected. To your left, you see a countdown for 10 hours. " The battery is fully charged, so you have 10 hours. Once your battery is almost about to die, you activate the charging gun, and we activate a charging station. That would give you 5 hours, but if it's damaged or severed, you would only have 5 minutes left.", proclaims Dr. Akagi. "Launch the final safety and preparations", says Misato, "Y/N, don't get yourself killed out there.", she also adds. This is the part where you either make it or not.