14. The Lurking Demon.

Alex's POV:
I was pacing the floor anxiety and despair, flooding through every vein in my body, mixing with my blood settling into my bloodstream. The world is made of both good and evil. One in more proportion, than the other, when there's good in the world evil isn't too far behind. He was here the evil the one with a heart of stone, or rather no heart at all.
He was here, his intentions weren't good, they never were, I have defeated him many times before, but no matter how battered bruised close to dead I leave him, he manages to come back vengeance more than ever. He underestimates me every time to be proven wrong.

The story of Victor Philippe began this way:

A long time ago:(150 years from present day.)

Victor's father Prince Marcel was a king merciless, brutal, a ruler without a soul. He killed people for for satisfaction, spilled innocent blood for pleasure. The Prince was twisted in his ways. He showed no mercy to women or children. His mate was his only Salvation as you would call it but, she too could not bear to see a massacre taking place, almost everyday in the place she called her home. The pleasure killings continued, making the people cringe in disgust that the person who was to protect them, was the sole cause of their death.
Marcel's mate Eliza Marie was visited by a fortune teller, when the there was only mourning and death in the kingdom of Philippe to be found. The fortune teller took pity on her and gave her a prophecy :

This house is the cause of death
And death shall follow to every and each.
To the one that inherits the throne,
Leaving to curse and mourn.
The Salvation is by far,
To be inherited by the light of the Star.

She was deeply confused. Then came along Victor, she thought maybe this was what the fortune teller meant years ago, when he arrived at her doorstep. The killings stopped but continued again it was like a legacy, the Prince wanted to pass on to his son that violence, was the only answer to everything.
Day by day the Son resembled the father in words deeds like a shadow.
Eliza Marie was depressed, sickened, beyond words with the blood on her hands, misery and misfortune clouded her life she decided to leave everything behind her husband and the one she thought would be the cause of her salvation, her son. She jumped from the mansion window to her death never to awake again.

Marcel turned cold, cruel, destructive in short hell descended on earth. He went off the rails, raping women beating children. He turned insane. Victor not knowing anything other than brutality turned withdrawn, cold, ruthless, the loss of his mother the loss of parental love, hitting him like a storm.
Marcel power hungry as he was, challenged my father for his throne. He didn't know he was calling his death closer with all he did. My father defeated Marcel, by striking his heart with a wodden stake. Victor fled vowing to avenge his father's death.

Years later Victor met his mate Olivia as he travelled like a rouge from place to place. His happiness however was short lived. She slipped into coma by losing a lot of blood slowly life slipping out of her and she never awoke again. His past is dark full of sorrow and mourning, loss. He is the evil that lurks in the shadow. He's he'll bent on seeking revenge and will go through any lengths to succeed.

"Well well well look who we have here? Alexander Reed how long has it been? 15 20 years. And it seems I have come just in time. Lookie here you have found your mate. I have missed a lot."

He came forward to have a closer look I pushed April behind me. He came and put his arms around her. April looked at me confusion clouding her features, anger ripping through my body.
"Let's see charming, extremely pretty, goddess of peace, a pleasure to be with. And the shock of it all my second chance mate how delightful isn't it?"

And could it get any worse??

Chapter 15..
What's next?
Victors second mate?
Who thought of this 😣(me me me!)
Sorry not sorry.
Cya next time. Enjoy.