16

"I'm Kora. Kora Woods."

I nodded. "Yes, that's right. Now I remember."

"Francesca's like that. Seducing men and all. But I think you shouldn't have given in to her. Honestly, I wanted to try stop you a few times, but Francesca doesn't like us talking to the men she seduces. Us meaning Verity and I."

"Okay." It was too late. My mistake couldn't be reversed.

"At the very least, I should really help you get Dalanie back," she mumbled, kicking some sand.

"But why do you want to help?" the curious side of me asked.

"Seriously, I'm beyond done with Francesca and her shit. And Verity's just mean. Like pure mean. Kinda like her right-hand man. Or in our case, girl. She's the one fueling Francesca all those vulgar words, intolerable actions and unreasonable thoughts."

"I'm surprised you haven't changed, then," I snickered.

"More like I don't want to. For many years now, since middle school times, I've stuck with them and people have wronged me thinking I'm like them, but really, I'm not. But they can be really nice sometimes - if they're your friends, I mean."

"Mmm, you do seem better than them," I decided. "But who knows whether you're just faking it?"

"I'm no-"

"We'll see," I got up and brushed some sand off the back of my pants. "Nice to meet you, Kora."

"Nice to meet you too, Zachary," she gave a small smile as I turned and walked away.

----------------%%%----------------
     BACK TO DALANIE'S POV
----------------%%%----------------

It was evening time and Alex had sent me home. Kris texted me to ask the reason for my absence in school today, so I told her everything. Including what happened with Alex.

Kristen: WAIT WHAT WHAT?! OMG SO YOU GUYS OFFICIALLY A THING?!

Dalanie: I can't remember the last time I told you a lie...

Kristen: HAHAHAHA

Kristen: GOSH I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU DAL!!!! <3 Does Alexa know?

Dalanie: He's... probably telling her now...?

My heart was beating super fast. I was overwhelmed by the fact that Alex and I are now dating! It's pretty fast to take in, but I suppose my feelings will settle down more when we're longer into the relationship.

Kristen: Then... do you think Zac knows?

Seeing that message, the smile on my face fell, and I dropped my phone on the bed.

Zachary... does he know? But... why does it matter whether or not he knows?

Kristen: Argh I'm sorry Dal!! I swear I didn't mean to!! Sorry...

Dalanie: Yeah. It's fine.

I switched off my phone and lay back on the bed. Staring at the ceiling, I knew I had to move on. My choice is Alex. I go with him now.

My phone beeped, and I grabbed it immediately. Could it be Alex? I thought dreamily.

Text from Zachary

What the?! But I opened the message to read what he had to say anyway.

Zachary: Um, hey Dalanie. How are you? I'm really really sorry that I cheated on you. I've thought about it and yes, I am in the wrong. After all you did for me, I actually paid you back by cheating on you. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I hope that you will find it in your heart to do so. Kristen has told me that you're dating Alex. I'll admit I was extremely shocked. But he's better than I am. I wish you two the best of luck. Just gonna put this out there, though - if he does anything bad to you, I'm claiming you back.