19

-------%%%-------
ZACHARY'S POV
  --------%%%------

Sigh...

I lay on my bed. I've been laying here from morning till now. 1pm. And I've been doing nothing.

The emptiness in my room felt so strange. It made me crave for Dalanie even more.

Sigh...

Yesterday's talk with Kora. It was unexpectedly cut short by Alex and Dal.

"Kristen's on Kora's side now? But Kora's good. Unless Dal means that Kristen is under Francesca's wing," I talked to the ceiling, as if waiting for a reply.

There was none. Of course. So I continued the one-way conversation.

"Damn, that Kristen isn't anything good! First, she coerced me into sleeping with Francesca. Now she betrayed Dal?! She's no better than me!"

"Zac? Why're you talking to yourself?" Oscar walked straight in as usual without knocking.

"Oscar, you are supposed to knock."

"It doesn't matter. You're my brother," he waved his hand. "So anyway, I heard stuff. And boy, do we need to talk."

My heart dropped. That's the one line that makes you remember every single bad thing you've done in your whole life.

"Y-yes?" I tried not to look nervous.

"Alexander is now with Dalanie," he struggled to get up onto my bed.

He's 8. How can he have problems getting up a bed?

"Don't look at me like that, Zachary."

"I'm not looking," I turned away. "And yes, Alex and Dal are together. There's nothing I can do. I've lost her. Made a grave mistake. You wouldn't get it."

"I'm 8. I wouldn't get it, of course. But I don't have to. All I know is that you have to apologise. At the very least."

I looked at him and shrugged. Oscar may be 8, but I think he was some wise ass dude in his past life. But he always acts like an innocent kiddo in front of people.

"I have. She didn't reply. Today I was talking to Kora about how to get her back. Alex and Dal saw us and Dal started getting all worked up. I'm scared to approach her again."

"Then don't. You've apologised. That's all that's required. Don't think too much. If Dalanie moved on, so must you," he slid off the side of my bed and walked over to my study table. "Alright now, I need to borrow a pencil."

I nodded and he took one and left.

Os had a point. I needed to move on. But if Alex leaves her, I'm taking over.

•~•

"Still doing kick flips?"

I turned around to see Damon standing behind, hands in his shorts pocket.

"You have eyes," I said, continuing to kick flip flawlessly.

"Good to see you're practicing for the skateboarding competition. After what happened last year when we missed our snowboarding competition," he nodded.

"Don't get me started," I groaned.

"Yeah, yeah. I won't. Look bro, as much as you hurt Dalanie, we actually forgive you. The others just can't say it. But I think you really ought to stop playing with girls after this incident. We hoped you've changed."

Hearing Damon's words, I suddenly felt so small on the inside. I stopped kick-flipping. "You guys... what?"

"You heard the man," Damon turned and started to leave.