17: lay

Lay imagines

Another fine day at school passed, i was walking down the hallway with my best friend, lay. He's always so pure and innocent, that makes me want to be there for him.

"____ ah, do you have notes from english class? I dont understand what the teacher was saying" he looked at me cutely.

"I'll lend you later, lets get our bags" i smiled, of course i couldnt resist him.

"Where are we going?" He looked puzzled, how cute.

"School is over, silly. You keep sleeping in class" i laughed.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting things these days" lay hit his own head.

I watched him pack his bag slowly, he might be thinking about something. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He always needs my help on doing things right, and i promised myself i will never leave his side.

"Can we go home now?" He asked, holding my hand.

"Yes, lets go, lay" the smile never left my face when im with him.

We walked home while holding hands, and of course i have to make sure lay got home safely before going to my own.

As i reached my own house, i smelled dinner. My mom is already cooking dinner this early. I entered my house and went to my room to put my bag away.

"Dinner is ready, ____ ah" my mom called from the kitchen.

"Im coming" i replied, walking to the dining room.

"Come sit, i made fish, your favourite" my mom giddily said.

"Yeah," i sat down in front of my mom and started eating.

"____ ah, i heard exam is just around the corner?" My mom asked as we ate.

"Yes, mom" i answered her without taking off my eyes from my food.

"Then will you study together with lay?" My mom hoped.

The thing is, seems like my mom loves lay more than i do. She even wish that someday lay would be his son in law, and i dont think that will happen. I couldnt imagine myself marrying him, he's like my best friend. And besides, he wouldnt like me as a girl anyway.

"Yes. Can i study over at his place?" I looked up to face my mom.

"Of course, dear" my mom agreed immediately.

--------------------

Exam is starting in just one week, and i have been going to lay's house to study with him. Lay cant seem to concentrate when he studies, and im helping him to do well this exam.

"Lay, come on, dont sleep in class," i nudged him.

"Huh? What?" He woke up abruptly.

"Listen to the teacher, never sleep in class" i whispered to him.

He nodded his head, "i wont sleep" he promised.

I smiled, "i'll study at your place again today".

"Really? Will you teach me how to do maths?" Lay's smile showed his cute dimple.

"Okay" i agreed, how could i not when seeing his face just make me mesmerized.

After the long day in school, finally its over. All the students cheered when the bell rang and ran out from the building.

I looked for lay in the crowd, but i couldn't find him. Where could he be? I walked down the crowded hallway, to see lay with another girl. She was flirting with him, while lay just smiled to her. What is wrong with him?