Chapter 19: The Final Chance

Jack's POV

Yes!I am back!Like a toddler who is amazed,I look at myself and yelled in excitement,unable to believe that I regained my own body.Like a kid in the candy store,I bounced up and flew into the air,doing somersaults and whooping out loud in delight.

"How...how did you..."Pitch stammered,his lips quivering.I glared back at him,arms akimbo.We all knew why.The answer is pretty cheesy but it was love.I love my friends.I love Jamie.The dark side of me couldn't control me and it vanished.I held my staff up high and swung it,conjuring up giant ice spikes to shoot at the Pitch.But what i was holding wasn't a staff.It was a sword.

The sword was bright and shiny.The gleam of the metal hurt my eyes as light was being reflected,the handle was seemingly covered in pure silver and a snowflake was carved on it,signifying its master.Which was me.I felt a surge of power and energy flowing through my body as my grip was tighter on the sword.

With all my strength,I swung my sword at Pitch,the swinging caused my arm to ache after a while.A bolt then sparked from my sword and speared itself towards Pitch,who only dodged by an inch.Such great power!I kept swinging it at Pitch,lightning bolts flying everywhere.

It was funny because I could hear Pitch yelping and groaning as he avoids the spears.This should give time to the Guardians and Merida to give dreams and happiness to the other children.

Merida's POV

We stared at the battle above us.It was intense;we could feel the shockwaves from below.North suddenly yelled,"Guardians!We have important mission!Save the children and defeat the darkness!"

We all nodded and attacked the nightmares,the black sand vanishing into thin air when the nightmares was struck.I let out a war cry as I unsheathed my sword from my hilt and slashed the monsters with it.Jamie helped to spread joy and hope by touching the sands without fear,which helped a lot.

Tooth was then thawed by North,then the both of them and Sandy set out to save the children while the rest of us stayed to fend off the malicious beasts.

"Die,you ugly beasts.Go back to wherever you belong!"Bunnymund growled,kicking the horses in their faces.The Nightmares flew and hit the nearby objects like lamps and posts,dissipating into small particles.

I looked up to Jack,seeing the crazy battle happening above us.I bit my lips and zoomed up into the air,my grip tightening on the handle of my bow.With all my might,i pulled the string and an arrow shot itself towards Pitch.

"Merida and Jack,both of you are so irritating.I always wonder how the both of you feisty guardians can get along,"Pitch said,dodging our attacks simultaneously."You think you can defeat me?I am the King of The Darkness!I control the world even before you two were born.I know how the world works.Light will always be consumed by the dark!Fear will conquer all of the land.You better give up now!"Pitch then whipped out his giant black sand spearand dashed towards,puncturing Jack's stomach.

My eyes widened.No,i wasn't going to lose him again>At the top of my lungs,i screamed and went towards Jack,who gave me a wry smile,gesturing me not to come any closer until he gave a certain signal.A thumbs-up.I nodded and waited.

Jack looked back at Pitch and stared daggers into the yellow,cold eyes that showed no kindness or sympathy at all.

"We don't get along really well,"Jack said."But i know we both have a thing in common.We both want you gone!"As he finished his words,he stabbed Pitch in the gut,the sword glowing brightly.Pitch coughed out some black sand and I conjured up flames and burned him,his scream piercing through my ears.

It was a unforgettable cry of death.His scream still haunts me till this day.It was as if he was been burned up to his bones,a child who was crushed under a truck calling out to his mother.Grief and utmost pain in his sorrow.I closed my eyes continued.This was for the children.

Soon,his torso turned into dust.His face crumbled and his eyes made contact with mine.

Pain.I could see the pain in his eyes.I smiled bitterly and mouthed goodbye to him.For a moment,i swore i could see him smile.Not in an evil way but with genuinely and from the bottom of his heart.He then disappeared...forever.