Chapter One: September 15th

"Adrian! Wake up! We have to leave in ten minutes!" My mother yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I groaned and turned to my side to shut off my alarm clock. I lazily wiped my dry eyes, I should've taken my contacts out last night, I thought. I swung my legs off the side of the bed and dragged my half asleep body to the bathroom. I straightened my long, brown hair and brushed my teeth, then I walked back to my bedroom to get dressed. I pulled out a pair of black leggings and a white polo shirt. School uniforms are hideous. I looked at the clock, 7:57 am, it read. I quickly pulled my leggings up my long legs, I jumped around while trying to get them up. Moments later, I walked down the stairs with my backpack, phone and shoes in hand.

"Okay, I'm ready whenever you are." I said standing close to the door.

"Sorry honey, I just need to find my keys." She said to me. I shrugged and rolled my eyes. She frantically searched the house, while I impatiently waited. I decided to wait outside by the car. Five minutes pass and then the front door swings open. My mother turns to close and lock the door. I sit in the passenger seat, I watch the tall trees that we pass on the way to school. I sigh and press my forehead on the glass, only two more years and I won't have to be up this early for school.

Finally, we reach my high school. The Gates of Hell, I like to call it. It's a place filled with people I cannot stand and classes I don't want to learn.

"Only two more years." I say quietly to myself. We've arrived and as I exit the car I give my mom a small smile and a wave. I walk into the building and rush to my locker. School started about a two weeks ago and it's going alright. There really is nothing special going on this school year except for the school play that I am thinking about auditioning for. Acting has honestly been my dream since I was a little girl, the thought of being on tv just seems amazing. My first three classes were a blur. I meet up with my friend Kayla and we walk to biology. The desks are set up into groups so that meant four students to a table. Kayla and I sat in the back so usually nobody sat with us, but today one of her good friends sat with us and brought along a friend.

"Hey Kayla," Luke said, "how have you been?"

"I've been good, I haven't seen you in a while." she replied with a smile. They're good friends and sometimes act sexual towards each other, it's very amusing.

"Yeah, sorry about that I've been busy with work and baseball."

"You haven't even attempted to hang out with me, I didn't get any hit ups from you."

"You know the phone works both ways." He said with a sly smile. She laughed out loud and I smiled at their little fight, while also looking down at my phone. I peered up to look at his friend and he was also looking down at his phone, scrolling through twitter or instagram, I'm assuming. His name is Harry Styles. I've seen him around school before and I had a class with him in middle school but we've never spoken. Everybody loves him because he's a star athlete and he can literally get any girl he wants. I've heard he can be quite the douche sometimes, because some of the girls he dates, he plays with their feelings and doesn't seem to care for them. The girls here are just... not the brightest and I, will not be one of those girls who falls for him. I won't fall for his slick words and "clever" pick up lines, I'm smarter than that.

He finally looked up at Kayla and Luke, then to me. He gave me a quick look and then turned to face the front of the room. That look gave me butterflies, weirdly enough. Ok, so maybe I think he's a little cute is that bad? About half an hour passed and we were helping each other with the class work that our teacher handed us.

"Adrian, what'd you get for number twelve?" asked Kayla while sitting closely to Luke.

"The answer is A," I replied, while reading the textbook for the next answer, "ok... and I'm done." Harry clears his throat.