Chapter 23

Matt's POV

I paced around the Art Room, waiting for Katie to arrive. 

"'Look, hi, I'm sorry.' No! That's too stupid," I mumbled under my breath. I was trying to decide what to say to her. I need to apologize, but she probably won't listen. I'll have to woo her.

I hid behind the door and it opened. Katie walked inside and admired the paintings on the wall. I gently shut the door and she turned.

"Oh my god, you scared the heck out of me. What are you doing here, Matt?" she sighed. Katie picked up Sammie's lunch box and tried to open the door, but i pushed her up against the wall.

"Let. Me. Go!" she screamed. I moved towards her and kissed her lips hungrily, but she just stood there, not kissing me back.

"I thought you liked me," I whispered.

"Matt . . . I liked the guy who didn't kiss Amy. I'm not staring at him right now, sadly," she said, frowning. I could tell she felt bad for me, but she doesn't even know the freakin' truth!

"Listen, she kissed me first," I said, but she shook her head.

"You know, you're lucky I didn't tell Chris about you and Amy," Katie mumbled. I backed up and she fixed her hair.

"What? You talk to him now? I thought you hate him!" 

"We've been . . . hanging out," she whispered, blushing. I knew it. She likes him. But I calmed down.

"Sorry I freaked. Can we still . . . be friends?" I asked. She nodded and smiled. 

Then Katie left. I left a few minutes after her, heading to the football field.