Chapter 39

As soon as the car stopped, I practically flew out of it, his phone still in my hand, and ran toward the railing. It suddenly got about 30 degrees warmer.

When I got to the railing, I bent over it and started throwing up. Literally; I think all of the times I'd wanted to vomit because of Louis had gathered in my stomach, making it impossible for me to handle it. Everything was going out; all of the good times that he made me overly excited, and all of the bad times he made me want to die in a hole.

Including this one.

"Lorena? Baby?" As soon as I felt his hand on my waist, I kicked him away from me, and turned around to face him.

"Baby?" I repeated quietly, wiping the side of my mouth. "After I found out about this, you have the nerve to fucking call me baby?!" I didn't care that I was yelling at the top of my lungs; it was now or never.

"Tell me, baby, were you even planning to tell me?" I waved his phone in the air. "Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

"Lorena-"

"And for the love of God, for at least once in your life, don't lie to me!"

"I never lied to you!" Yeah, right. "That's just something that never even meant anything!"

"Then why didn't you tell me?!" Wow, we were only beginning, and I was losing my voice already.

"I just told you! It never mattered!"

"Of course it mattered!" I screamed. "It still matters! This, this fuckery is the reason that we are together! This is what brought us together!"

"No, Lorena..." He slid his palm over his face, before taking a couple of steps toward me. "It's not that. Don't you see it? It's Drama class, that class is what brought us together. And that play-"

"Bullshit." I spat, interrupting him. "I have been in your Drama class since freshman year, and you never even looked at me once, the whole time!"

"You had a boyfriend!" He defended himself.

"You didn't know that! And it wouldn't be the first time you'd hit on a taken girl anyway!" That's right, it was becoming personal. But, even though I wanted to be all badass in the situation, I couldn't help but feel my eyes burn a little.

"God," I said, sniffling as I looked at the river to my left. "All this time... I thought you actually liked me."

"I do-"

"I thought you made a move on me because you wanted to, and not because someone told you to! I really thought you were a decent human being! And then I find out you pretended to be interested in me, because of this? This?!" I waved his phone again, but this time he didn't just stand and watch me; he made a few large steps forward, and snatched his phone away, just like in the car.

"You really want to know how much this matters?" He asked lowly, the look in his eyes wicked.

Before I knew it, I was screaming "No!" as I watched him throw his phone in river Thames. I stared at the seemingly tiny object flying downwards, and literally winced when I heard a splash, meaning it had met the water.

Some fish were very lucky.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Louis continued, like nothing happened. Needless to say, he was becoming agitated too. "It doesn't have anything to do with my decision to stay with you." He was trying to be reasonable and calm, but it just wasn't working for me.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I asked for the umpteenth time as I looked away from the spot where his phone had landed, this time tears were already streaming down my face, and not because of the phone. Louis rolled his eyes in anger and gripped the railing, hanging his head down.