Chapter 34

~A/N~

I had an energy drink and this is what came out of it. Enjoy! :D

*******

Lorena's POV

"Louis?" I turned on my back and looked to my left, where Louis was lying. Well, sitting actually.

What the hell happened? One minute he was all sunshine and daisies, and now he was screaming 'no'? Something was definitely off.

"Louis," I repeated, sitting up as well. Wow, he looked like he had run a marathon; all sweaty, breathing heavily and looked like he was going to have cardiac arrest.

"Are you okay?" I asked stupidly, he obviously wasn't. What could have possibly happened while I was asleep? I thought he was too. But maybe, just maybe, he'd run to the US to have lunch with Obama.

To my surprise, Louis shook his head; he was never the one to complain about something, unless it was really bad. "What happened?" I asked, a little scared of his answer.

"I..." He started, but kind of trailed off. "I-I had a bad dream."

I closed my eyes and threw my head back; was he kidding me? I thought it was something serious, like feeling chest pains or something. Not having a stupid dream.

"Come on," I said, with a small smirk on my face, but Louis still looked way too serious. "It's nothing, go back to sleep." I turned to my side again, so I was facing the wall, and expected to feel my mattress sag, but it didn't. Just when I was about to speak again, and tell him how ridiculous he was being, he spoke.

"I can't," Louis said in a rushed tone, and I felt him standing up. "I'm sorry, Lorena."

My eyes snapped open; what the hell was he apologizing for?

I turned around completely so I could see him, and noticed he was putting on his boxers. "Louis, what the hell are you doing?" I questioned, a little freaked out.

"I'm sorry," He repeated, before turning to me again. "I just..."

He trailed off, and kept staring at me, his expression making it seem like he was about to start crying. I knew better though, he was just freaked out. This dream of his really affected him.

Which is just dumb.

But there was something else in his eyes as well; he wasn't only freaked out, he seemed to be having a conflict with himself. A fight, a war in his head. Like he didn't quite know what to do. I've never liked that look in his eyes, except when we were at a grocery shop, and he couldn't choose between Bounty and Snickers.

"I..." He started again, and trailed off, just like a minute ago. Fortunately, it took him just a few seconds to clear his throat and say, "I need to go to the bathroom."

I blinked, genuinely confused. Was he just thinking about whether he should go to the bathroom or stay in bed? Was that the reason for that look in his eyes? No, that's even dumber than freaking out over a dream.

A few seconds later, Louis turned from me and marched over to the bathroom, opening the door but not closing it as well. I started concentrating on hearing the sounds that were coming from the small room, and became just as freaked out when I heard him breathing heavily, again. Maybe he really was having chest pains or something.

After hesitating for a few seconds, I wrapped my blanket around myself and slowly—clumsily—got out of bed. As I walked toward the bathroom, I felt my heart rate increase at the thought of what I might see inside. What if he was twitching or something? God, I knew I'd have to call the ambulance, but I don't think my hands would be calm enough to do such a thing.