Chapter 6

"Come on, you don't look bad."

"I look like a slut."

Caitlyn made a grimace as if saying "No, you don't" but she didn't say anything, because she knew I was right. I did look like a slut.

She had been preparing me for the dreaded double date for the past two hours. She made me wash my hair and shower, even though I did the day before. Then she made me shave my legs, something I barely ever do. Then she offered to find me an outfit. And many wouldn't think so, but the last act was the longest and most painful one. For an entire hour, I have literally tried on every piece of clothing I own, even some of Caitlyn's, and we were still searching for the outfit that we both liked.

Right now I was wearing a crop top and a skirt shorter than some of the belts I own.

"This is ridiculous," I sighed and started pulling the shirt over my head.

"Indeed. Just wear whatever you want," She sighed and fell into an armchair, clearly tired of her own crap. I was so glad she finally was.

I placed the tiny articles of clothing on her bed, since they were from her wardrobe, and picked up my grey shorts that I had already tried, and a Radiohead shirt. I pulled on my blue vans and after I put my hair into a ponytail, I made the hour an a half wasted on nothing.

I looked at myself in the mirror, finally satisfied, and turned to Caitlyn.

"Isn't this better than anything else we've tried?" I asked optimistically.

Cait stood up with her head held high, clearly not happy with the fact that I could find a decent outfit without her help.

"Whatever floats your boat," She said and left our dorm, letting her short navy dress flutter as she walked. I rolled my eyes and picked up my Blackberry and keys before following her out.

*******

"So I walked past them, and she turned around and- wait, where are you going?"

I was in the middle of telling Caitlyn a story, when she started running away from me. I was about to start going after her, before I noticed why she had left me like that; Devon was just a few meters away from us.

I had to admit, he was really good looking. Short, light brown hair, blue-green eyes and tall; very tall. About 4 inches taller than Caitlyn, I'd say. It could have something to do with the fact that he was a senior.

Behind him, a bit shorter guy was walking toward me with a smug smirk on his face. I would have ran away if I wasn't doing this for Cait.

"Hello, lovely," Louis said as he approached me, and gave me a semi-tight hug. I put my hands on his waist so it wouldn't look suspicious to his friend.

"Hi, Louis," I said and lightly pushed him away. He took a couple of steps back and sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"So, guys, where are you taking us?" Caitlyn said and and looked up at her date, whose waist she had her arms wrapped around.

"We're taking you to a nearby local club, it's just a few blocks away," Devon said with a smile and Louis nodded in approvement.

While Caitlyn was grinning from ear to ear, I felt like someone had just told me I was being sent to jail.

"A c-club? No way," I shook my head. I hated clubs. I wasn't exactly someone who likes do dance and drinks Cosmopolitan.

"Come on, we'll have a blast," Devon said with a pleading smile, and even though he was Caitlyn's date, I couldn't help but want to take him home with me.