It would completely destroy me.

Shouting in the distance enabled me to pinpoint the general direction of Tyler and Jacob but I was a bit worried when I didn’t hear Nick’s voice, nor any of the women. Did they kill Nick for being Fawna’s mate? And what did they do to the females?

Cian interrupted my inner brooding by hissing loudly and cursing while the scent of burning flesh attacked my senses. The sunlight behind the curtains wasn’t strong but there were some small, strategically placed holes that allowed flecks of sunlight into the room, slowly tracing an arch over our exposed skin.

“That bastard isn’t even here yet and he’s already torturing us!” Cary snarled between clenched teeth before he started yanking on his chains with renewed vigor. His eyelids shivered slightly when a metallic sound resounded through the room before he hung in his chains.

“Cary! Stay awake! Come on bro’, listen to me!” Cian shouted out while my eyes searched for the reason of Cary’s drowsiness. They quickly found it; a pressurized drip was attached to the bonds around our wrists and was obviously reacting on our struggles. As soon as we were able enough to trash and possibly break the hold of the chains, the small needles tickling our wrists would jab in and give us another dose.

“Don’t move Cary. Stay calm and let it work out. Use your powers and burn it out of your system.” Cian suggested softly, keeping his voice calm though I could detect the strain on it while his eyes found mine. “What’s the plan?”

My eyes traced the room before my feet slowly shuffled, testing the edges of my ankle restraints. I smiled softly when I didn’t find any needles there but cursed when a slight push against them made the needles pinch my wrists threateningly.

“We need to get out of these things but Lucius has made it nearly impossible; the needles react on the ankle bonds as well. Your powers….can they break the bonds?” Cian thought about it before creating a blade of water and tried cutting through his brother’s bonds. The blade’s sharp edge created little to none damage but it was a start.

“W-what is t-that sound?” Cary mumbled with a thick tongue, trying to raise his head before letting it droop again as it proved too much an effort. At his mentioning of sounds, both Cian and I raised our head and held our breaths, listening closely.

Paws were scratching in the distance, along with snarls and hissed voices following its path. Just when I was about to respond, a shiver ran through the building before we heard several Drained scream, their shouts muffled by the roar of a wall collapsing.

“What the hell-“ Cian started, staring wide-eyed in the direction of where the noises were coming from. Metal was shrieking harshly in protest and the high, thick walls groaned as something collided against them.

The sounds were growing rapidly and before we even knew it, dust was dancing in the air from cracks in the ceiling, the walls against my back shivering slightly. An animalistic roar resounded from the outside, which pulled my attention before I heard Lucius scream in dismay.

“Don’t just stand there you useless idiots! Dig us out and sedate that bitch!” I let out a laugh at his shrill shrieking, enjoying the fact that he obviously could hear me and started throwing insults my way while the Drained started hissing and spewing under their breaths, probably trying to pry themselves from under the collapsed wall.