The roar I let loose shocked me momentarily but not enough to stop me from lunging at him, raking a big, catlike paw over his face. He hissed and zipped out of my reach while I raced after him, letting my instincts of this form take over. I didn’t know what I’ve become but I was sure that neither Lucius nor his Drained were going to touch me.

I was right because the Drained were all waiting for me, closing the door when Lucius fled out of the room. Snarling and roaring, I smashed against the walls, cooling my anger on the thick metal doors before I backed away.

Lucius has obviously thought this through; he had taken in the possibility of us shifting since the walls and doors were massive. But then again, his ego had meddled as well, because he didn’t place me in a specialized confinement.

My eyes searched for a way out, my ears flicking at each distant sound while my tail swished through the air, signaling my irritation. For the first time since my anger got the best of me, I was able to think clearly.

“What am I? This isn’t a form I’ve ever changed into…and what was that sudden rush of energy?” My form was larger than anything I’ve been before, even my grizzly form but I knew I was something feline.

“No time to ponder what I am right now. Focus. The others are in separated rooms; I know that much from the Drained talking like I was out of it. My parents are somewhere different…so…should I go for my parents first or get the boys out to help me?”

A nudge in my abdomen stopped me momentarily before I felt my lips curl up around my canines in a weird smile. I had made my choice and it seemed that the kids stood behind it.

I could hear the Drained conversing with Lucius, or more likely, Lucius was barking orders at them, telling them to reinforce my doors and to get another dose of sedative. A smirk slipped on my face before I turned around, focusing on the pull of my family.

“Let’s see if that wall can stop me without being reinforced.”

---Sean’s POV---

“Where are the twins?”

“Where are we? What happened- Lucius!”

I groaned and shook the last of the sedative off of me, trying to focus my mind as I heard Cary and Cian shout out, desperately calling after Lizzie and Beth while their chains protested loudly when they struggled to get out.

They both hissed, snarls turning animalistic with each tug, letting me know that their vampire natures were taking over. My eyes scanned the surroundings before realizing that we were in Lucius’ mansion and on top of that, the other males from out company were shouting out for their mates as well.

“Both of you calm down! We can’t help anyone if you don’t think with your heads. I know you need your mates right now but they need you guys to think clearly.” I snapped, unable to control my own temper as I thought about Lucius, undoubtedly feeding from Paige’s blood as we spoke.

The thought of him draining her made me sick to the core, since she was carrying my own Beloved in her womb. What was bad for Paige was bad for her kids as well and I couldn’t imagine the fact that I could lose my one and only before I’ve laid eyes on her.