2 ↠ Don't try too hard until you get yourself hurt in the process.

Start from the beginning

"Yes you do, now spill it." Lauren said sternly again while pointing a finger at me.

It's not that I don't want to tell them but I know for a fact that once I let them know about my plan, I won't be able to stop thinking about Y/N cause I'd constantly think of her and her different kind of different self.

"Can you girls just drop it?" I said a bit harshly, earning wide eyed Dinah and Normani as a response while Lauren just stared at me with knitted brows while crossing her arms, probably trying to sort me out.

"Mila, what is going on?" Dinah asked softly, reaching her hand out and placing it on top of mine.

Normani glanced at Dinah and Lauren before slowly placing her own hand on my shoulder and gently squeezing it, "You know you can talk to us about anything, right?"

I sighed heavily before rubbing my temples with my hands, subconsciously shrugging Dinah's hand off of mine and revealing, "I myself don't even know why I'm acting like this."

I honestly don't. I was seriously not in the mood all of a sudden and I can't help but think it's all because of Y/N. I mean, how can she disappear from school like that? Even weird, why didn't Ms. Rowell go all mental on her? I was late for class for a few minutes and got called out but why wasn't Y/N? What does Ms. Rowell know that we don't? And how can someone like Troye, who has been dating Shawn for nearly 3 years, not know anything about Y/N? Was she really that hard to figure out? Or did she really just build her walls that high? But why would she?

However, like always, I'm left with tons of unanswered questions and I'm not even kidding when I say I'm annoyed. I've been curious since freshman year for fuck sakes; can't I get a reward for being that patient? Now can you understand my frustration on figuring her out when I've got all of that on my plate?

I know what you're thinking, I should just stop figuring her out if it stresses me out too much but that's another thing; after having a short but playful conversation with her earlier today, she seemed genuine, including all the nice things I've heard about her and because of that, I really couldn't stop anymore as I could possibly help with whatever that's troubling her.

Whenever I looked into her eyes though, it wasn't the same image as she was portraying on the outside. It was like she had 2 different roles to play; as if she had to compensate 1 role for the other.

"Then let us help you figure you out," Dinah said confidently, making me scoff lightly as she sounded like me when I talked about Y/N. "What? You don't think we can?" Dinah asked with a raised eyebrow.

"How can you figure me out when I can't figure myself out?" I retorted.

Dinah was about to answer but a voice next to me answered first, "Because your opinions about yourself may differ to ours." Lauren said nonchalantly, her eyes still locked on me.

I raised my eyebrows in interest before asking, "Please elaborate." But wait, why am I having a weird feeling about this?

"May I?" Lauren asked Normani and Dinah who just nodded as a response before taking a deep breath and turning her attention to me, "I think you're overthinking about something in particular and I know this because every time you overthink, you stress out and every time you stress out, you become cranky, hence the attitude you're giving. What exactly are you overthinking about? I don't know but I don't have to find out because you're gonna tell us."

Damn, I knew this was the reason why I had a weird feeling before! Obviously Lauren would say something like that because out of the 3 of them, Lauren could read me like an open book. Our families were very close after all, making our bond inevitably strong as well.