『Poetry - Nishinoya Yuu/Tanaka Ryuunosuke』

Start from the beginning

"Dude, nice. Speaking of poems, what's a word that rhymes with 'hang'?"

Nishinoya pauses for a second. "Sa-"

"Never mind, I got the perfect one."

"Oh, alright. Well good luck with the rest of your poem."

"Thanks, you too! I'm going to win, by the way."

"Hah? No you won't!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bro. Guess who has their poem figured out." Tanaka waltzes into the gym with a smirk on his face.

"Oh yeah? I have mine too!"

"Why don't we both give them to (L/N)-san then?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, not everyone is here yet anyways."

Nishinoya gives it some thought before finally agreeing. "Fine. Where are they?" Scanning the gym, he tries to find them.

"There they are!" Pointing out (Y/N) who was getting the volleyball cart out of the storage room, Tanaka quickly runs to them to deliver his poem. 

"Hey wait up!" 

"(L/N)-san! I have something I want to tell you!" Tanaka declares, bowing to them.

"I do too!" Noya skids to a stop next to him after catching up and bowing in turn.

"Eh? What is it?" (Y/N) turns to the two of them in slight confusion.

"I got here first so I go first! I have a poem for you, (L/N)-san. I hope you will find meaning in it." Tanaka clears his throat before continuing. Looking straight into (Y/N)'s eyes, he recites his poem. "Roses are red. Violets are blue. I'd say let's hang, but how 'bout we ba-"

"Ryuu!" Noya gasps, interrupting him. 

"Hey, I wasn't done yet!" Tanaka protests, crossing his arms.

"Huh? I don't get it." (Y/N) looks to Noya for answers. "Why did you interrupt him?"

"He was about to say something inappro-"

"He's just salty that my poem is better than his." Tanaka claims, shaking his head.

"That's not true!"

"Noya-kun, you have a poem for me too?" 

"...Yes. It's a haiku. I think you are cool. I hope you think I am too. I like you a lot." Nishinoya's voice gets quiet as he recites his last line, blushing.

"O-Oh. Is that what both of your poetry is about?" (Y/N) looks away from both of them, shifting nervously on their feet.

"Huh? Y-Yeah, kind of," Tanaka coughs. "Why am I getting so flustered about this now?"

"I don't know what to say. I actually liked both of your poems." They say, still avoiding eye contact.

"Really?" Noya's eyes widen in surprise. "His was so vulgar!"

"There was nothing vulgar about it, though? It had some thought to it."

"Yeah, see? What are you talking about, Noya?" Tanaka grins.

"It's only because I didn't let you finish." Nishinoya huffs. "Well, now that you know our intentions, (L/N)-san. What do you think?"

"Yeah! Do you like any of us back?"

"That's really sweet of both of you," (Y/N) admits. "I actually like [you decide]."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you decide the ending. noya? tanaka? both? it's up to you how it ends!

bonus points to those who caught the ref to one of my other oneshots lolol

//crawls out of hell to post this update

hey guys, long time no see! i'm sorry i don't get to update as often as i used to, i really wish i could. but i've been struggling with being busy with life and school and having huge writer's block recently and haven't had much time for anything really.

on the bright side, i do have my winter break coming up soon next month, so i should be able to update some more soon.

i hope this wasn't too bad for not having written in months. i'll try to have some better ones soon!

UP NEXT:

- Ukai Keishin x reader

- Hanamaki Takahiro x twin! Iwaizumi reader

- Terushima Yuuji x reader