Part-01 EDITED

NANDINI'S POV

Wandering on the road aimlessly unaware of the route I was on all I knew was that I was in search of something in a secluded area that was all covered with darkness and the long alpine trees along the sides of the road.

Darkness has always made me feel suffocated and why I don't know. There is just something about it that makes me want to squirm back and lie low somewhere. I really shouldn't be reckoning all of this or else it would be hard for me to walk, shrugging my thoughts away I took my steps further with the hope that I would find a way from this suffocating place and a way to go back home and never return to this place but all my hopes went in vain.

What my heart wanted to look for made me feel uncomfortable to go ahead with the search but I just couldn't help myself from shrugging my thoughts away and decided to follow what my heart wanted. I walked continuously on that same track for a long time until when suddenly I felt someone behind me and with that, I stopped walking and stood frozen. As I tried to gather the courage to turn around a cold gust passed through me and strong piercing stares felt stronger and deeper that did nothing but send shivers and goosebumps to feel in the spinal cord. Turning slowly with the loud thumping of my heart which did nothing but aggravate my situation and would have been audible to anyone near me I turned around to find no one there except me and my light shadow. Since I had sensed someone behind and it was not merely a delusion or hallucination that I knew, it made me alert and shocked.

"You have to leave this place before you land yourself in any sort of trouble, Nandini." Jerking my thoughts away while murmuring to myself I speed up my walking pace and quickly started walking fast. My hands and feet had already gone cold from the moment I had felt someone's piercing stare on me and all of this made it hard and heavy to walk.

____

It was the same road which hasn't ended yet that started to make me feel frightened. As minutes passed, I noticed a large rock lying beside the road as my feet had already begun to ache due to walking miles that I didn't even count I decided to sit there for a few minutes till my feet got better enough to walk again. Lurking in my thoughts about how to leave that place when the sight that my eyes met at that moment made me freeze on my spot.

A car was lying destroyed right in front of my eyes at the end of the road. As minutes passed my mind absorbed it. I forgot my aching feet and ran quickly to that road.

Reaching the end of the road I noticed there was the cliff at the right side shrugging everything I hastily tried to open the front door of the car but dismally I could not. The black color car which looked like possibly a new model of Toyota was damaged and it was hard to say about survivors.

"Nandini, you need to help the people out" murmuring to myself with shivering hands I wiped out the left window which was filled with dust, and as I absorbed the sight of people inside the car; my eyes went wider and my stomach got tighter. I felt numb to react to it and It was like each part of my body had gone paralyzed.

"Mom, Dad " with a racing heart those words escaped hoarsely. It was my parents inside the car lying unconsciously soaked all in blood. The front mirror was damaged and its pieces were inside moms' and dad's heads, faces, and everywhere. Taking long deep breaths I shoved the numbness and quickly went to open the door.

"Mom" Whispering in a low voice as I tried to open the door while tears were streaming down I felt like darkness was prevailing over me bit by bit. I was numb when I heard Mom's weak yet soft voice.