Confessions

Lucas' POV

We got back to school at around Eleven, just in time for lunch. We had decided to stay in the car and just cool off for a while, so we came extra late.

We walked into the building and searched  for the girls, and, considering what Riley is suposablly wearing today, Josh. He is definitely with them.

Since it was lunch time, Farkle had the idea to check outside, just in case they had decided to eat outside today. When we got outside, we looked around at the crowd of teenagers and I spotted our friends sitting underneath a big tree. They were all eating except for Riley, who was pacing back and forth. She is worried. That's her worry pace.

"There they are." I said signaling to the tree. We all walked over to them and when Riley spotted us walking towards her, and everyone else, she ran to us and gave us all a big group hug. To be honest, I was suprised because we've barely been able to look at eachother for two weeks, yet again have physical contact. I didn't want her to let go. But she did.

"Oh my gosh where have you guys been? I was worried sick." The brunette said in a worried tone. Thats what I love most about Riley. Her heart.

"If you guys ever scare me like that again, I'll hurt you." She said letting go. "Ohhh I'm so glad you're alright." She said hugging us once again.

Farkle, Zay, and I, looked at eachother in confusion. This girl just went through two emotions, back and forth, in less than twenty seconds. She might be bipolar. Still love her.

"I called all of you like 19 times. Where were you all, and what were you doing?" She asked tilting her head to the side, adorably. "We were a little off edge this morning, so we just drove around in my car for a while to clear our heads." I said. She looked genuinely suprised after my explanation. She eventually had a little smile plastered on too. Maybe because we have been speaking in sentence fragments, for two weeks, to eachother. So, I think she was happily taken back from me speaking a full, proper sentence to her.

"What's the matter? You look like you've just seen a jolly ghost." I said, pretending as if I didn't know why she had that shocked expression on her face.

"Well," she began. "You have barely spoken ten words to me in two weeks, so I guess I'm just a little suprised at your advanced vocabulary towards me right now." Riley said with a genuinely happy smile on her face. Seeing her smile made me smile and we were just there staring and smiling at eachother. "Eh-em, did you love birds forget that we were here?" Maya teased, snapping us back to reality. Riley did a quick little breathy laugh and looked down at her shoes, in embarassment. So adorable.

"Sorry" I said ending the silence. "So,what did you guy do?" Josh asked, clapping his hands together. "Well, we met some fine honeys and-" Zay began, but got cut off by me and Farkle smacking him on the head, quickly.  "OUCH WHAT WAS THAT FO- OHHHH," Zay wined loudly, but quickly realized what he almost said out loud.

"W-what he meant was, we saw a nest filled with honey bees on our way to school. They were very fine. As in the colors were so hot. The black really goes well with their stingers." I said trying to be convincing, but I'm pretty sure, that she's on to us.

"Lucas," Riley began. "Please don't lie to me. You and I both know that you were with a girl. And it's okay. You don't have to keep that from me. It's your life." The brunette said smiling but I know her enough to realize that she is hurting inside. You can't smile your way through pain forever baby.

"Um, can you all give us a minute?" I asked with my eyes still glued to Riley's. Missy linked hands with Maya and they walked away with Josh not too far behind. Farkle and Zay were about to walk away but Zay stopped and whispered something into
Riley ear, causing her to giggle a little. They both walked away afterwards.